1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. dieslemat
    jANUS filter

Zojokkeli likes this.
  2. Ableza
    The problem I've always had with mega combo burrito filter name is it implies there are two lesser products, the burrito filter and the combo burrito filter, with the mega version being the "biggest." On the positive side though it leaves open the possibility of a super burrito filter or even enchilada-style, and all the subsidiary versions such as the bean-and-cheese, the carne asada and the breakfast burrito filters. But I suppose this puts us into yet another area of mythology....

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    ScOgLiO, US Blues, sam6550a and 3 others like this.
  3. Jason Stoddard
    Ahhhccctuallllyyy...there is technically both a MegaComboBurrito filter and a ComboBurrito filter.

The "Mega" was what Mike came up with for the very long, 8X filter used in Yggdrasil and Gungnir, to differentiate it from a shorter implementation in less capable DSPs in past products from his previous companies, and then the "plain-ol Combo" he used for the shorter 4X filter in Bifrost and Modi Multibit.

All in all, yeah, messy and confusing, and I'll be talking to Mike about what to call it going forward (one name, thanks, we're not going to do "regular, mega, and lite" versions, oh hell no, sorry, life is too friggin short). Mike probably has ideas of his own, some of which may be much better than mine.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  4. Ableza
    Very cool, I missed that point in the past!

ScubaMan2017 and RCBinTN like this.
  5. Alcophone
    Hmmm. Right now you support up to 192 kHz, but here you chose 768 kHz as the cutoff point... pair that with the unused x8 LED on the Yggy and you have me curious. :wink:

I vote MultiSchiit because it rhymes.

6. Pedro Janeiro
    Yeah! True multibit sound nice, Janus too, but why mix norse and roman mythology,, i think i still prefer Mega combo burrito in that case :D

suggestions:

- A Vegvísir (filter) (Icelandic 'sign post') is an Icelandic magical stave intended to help the bearer find their way through rough weather. It is said that "if this sign is carried, one will never lose one's way in storms or bad weather, even when the way is not known".

7. Alcophone
    Original multibit?

8. PioBeer
    "and the paranoia of wondering if Jeff Bezos is listening to you take a dump."

LOL!

US Blues, AudioGal, RCBinTN and 3 others like this.
  9. ScubaMan2017

...The Police...

artur9 likes this.
  10. mp29k
    True Multibit sounds good, or how about Multibit M.D. , due to the relationship of using medical device dacs, and could also mean "Murders Delta/Sigma"

For the filter, I like Berkeley Filter, George Berkeley is the first known mathmetician to write about the division by zero formula. He was also the namesake for University of California Berkeley.

Or Heimdall Filter, just because the character of Heimdall in Thor universe is awesome, and so is the filter.

11. yonson
    Bragi filter...

12. JohnnyCanuck
    The Bragi company may have something to say about that.

:wink:

JC

13. Jones Bob
    I’ll be happy as long as you don’t use Tall, Grande, or Venti....

FrivolsListener, US Blues and Juan_R like this.
  14. Bazile
    If we can offer filter names i'd recommend sticking to Norse mythology...say the Norse god of Beauty. Baldr.

15. mp29k
    This is really quite brilliant, since Mike uses the handle "Baldr" here on Head-fi, and he invented the filter. +1