Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 13, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #41,673 of 149,336
Jason, JASON!!!!!
This is a Marketing BONANZA in the making.

Can you provide Schiit TP rolls for xmas?

Stocking stuffers, soft and tubular squishy presents under the tree and NO One would ever guess they would EVER receive a roll of TP for xmas.

This is a Marketing GENIUS idea just waiting to be executed…

My mind reels with the many possibilities and surprised looks on family and friends as they unwrap a single roll of TP as a present.

It would probably be a 1st in the whole wide world where giving away rolls of TP would be not just a surprise gift but given as a gift in the 1st place.

And the marketing outreach (reach around?) would be enormous, to say the least.

This is an idea who's time has come.

JJ hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #41,674 of 149,336
The dog and his Sennheisers.............

181113-Chaco cropped.jpg

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #41,675 of 149,336
I should have mentioned Qobuz before. We got some invites at the last show, and we have been using it in the Schiitr and personally for about a month now.

Here's the basic idea: DROP TIDAL LIKE A NUCLEAR POTATO AND GET QOBUZ NOW!

Qobuz sounds better. Qobuz has quite a decent selection of 24/44 and higher FLAC content. Qobuz embraces open technology, not cryptic black-box lock-it-up schemes. Yes, the UI is even stranger than Tidal, and it doesn't have a dark mode for people who care about such things, but seriously, it took me like 10 seconds to decide to drop Tidal.

Maybe some longer blathering tomorrow...

I went to their site and tried to sign up for the free trial and it was extremely slow and repeatedly told me I was in the wrong country. Their US site doesn't even function, so to make an account I had to use the great britain page which led to them saying my credit card was of the wrong nationality. Not sure how I'm supposed to even access Qobuz from the United States but so far it won't let me "drop Tidal".

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #41,676 of 149,336
I went to their site and tried to sign up for the free trial and it was extremely slow and repeatedly told me I was in the wrong country. Their US site doesn't even function, so to make an account I had to use the great britain page which led to them saying my credit card was of the wrong nationality. Not sure how I'm supposed to even access Qobuz from the United States but so far it won't let me "drop Tidal".
Qobuz has not yet officially launched in the US, but it is imminent (within the next few months). In the meantime, they have been giving out preview access codes at audio shows. That's how some of us in the US (including Jason) have been able to sign up with Qobuz. Unless you have one of these preview codes, you can't sign up yet in the US, but it will be open to the general public soon.

Nov 14, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #41,678 of 149,336
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #41,679 of 149,336
08:45 EST. No coffee. I had an epiphany. As I listen to Pinchas Zukerman (violinist) play with the Royal (UK) Philharmonic Orchestra, I can (finally) articulate how the Schiit Magni3 sounds different from the Schiit Vali2 (with their stock NOS tube). Tunes: A 2016 Decca DDD-disc ripped to FLAC.

The Vali blends the music.
The Magni articulates the different instruments (So, THAT’S what is meant by a headphone or output device being ‘analytical’).

The Vali might be easier to listen to over prolonged sessions; however, if I want to hear the actual finger work, I plug my cans into the Magni. Yep, I’m satisfied I bought both.
Agree completely. After coffee, Magni. In the evening with red wine, Vali (tonight, Castoro Cellars Barbera - California, Paso Robles, and to use their slogan, "Dam Fine Wine" - Castoro = beaver in Spanish). Now, roll that Electro-Harmonix 6922 and tell me about the new treble...

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #41,680 of 149,336
Nov 14, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #41,681 of 149,336
I posted this earlier in the thread:

Thanks to @CAPT Deadpool, I was able to grab one of the Qobuz preview codes.

First impressions: I am thrilled.

I am listening to Hélène Grimaud's Bach album on DGG (wonderful music and performance). On Tidal lossless, this album is plagued by the UMG audible watermark, which is applied to Universal Music recordings on Tidal, Spotify, and others. In sustained piano notes, the watermark causes a distortion like a pulsating vibrato. On Qobuz, this album doesn't have watermark distortion and the piano sounds clean and natural.​

Many albums on Qobuz stream at 24/96, and some at 24/192. With native hi-res streaming available, MQA is pointless.
Have you listened to any of Simone Dinnerstein's Bach?

Nov 14, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #41,682 of 149,336
Bidets are much better than TP. Perhaps Schiit should look into producing a bidet instead
With the logo in the porcelain, like the bees in the urinals at Schiphol in Amsterdam...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back