Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #41,656 of 151,180
I feel like the chance of someone going to the party just to snag as much toilet paper as they can (as a souvenir) is greater than 0%.

I'd strongly factor in that with 20 breweries participating in the anniversary, many of which are helmed by large, burly brewing-type guys, all of which have big burly beer-drinking-type fans, many of which who will be, ah, more than a little snockered, who to a man (or woman) would be less than amused by a dearth of TP, this may not be the best strategy for long-term health and well-being.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #41,657 of 151,180
I'd strongly factor in that with 20 breweries participating in the anniversary, many of which are helmed by large, burly brewing-type guys, all of which have big burly beer-drinking-type fans, many of which who will be, ah, more than a little snockered, who to a man (or woman) would be less than amused by a dearth of TP, this may not be the best strategy for long-term health and well-being.

Never underestimate a rabid schiit fan hellbent on getting some free schiit toilet paper. :ksc75smile:

There has to be at least one out there.....

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #41,659 of 151,180
I don't know man, the timing is curious.
You're probably right, Rensek. The launch of Qobuz in the U.S. certainly coincides with the "please come back" email from Tidal.

Here's the basic idea: DROP TIDAL LIKE A NUCLEAR POTATO AND GET QOBUZ NOW!
Jason, I hear ya. I haven't had enough time with Qobuz to stop looking for alternatives but I'm headed that way. With a free year of Qobuz, thanks to Capt. Deadpool, I'm not inclined to give any more $$ to Tidal.

If Roon can ink a deal with Qobuz then I think there's the "match made in heaven" I've been looking for.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #41,660 of 151,180
Qobuz works with Moode on RPi too, for all y’all roll ur own DAP fans out there.

Nov 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #41,662 of 151,180
I should have mentioned Qobuz before. We got some invites at the last show, and we have been using it in the Schiitr and personally for about a month now.

Here's the basic idea: DROP TIDAL LIKE A NUCLEAR POTATO AND GET QOBUZ NOW!

Qobuz sounds better. Qobuz has quite a decent selection of 24/44 and higher FLAC content. Qobuz embraces open technology, not cryptic black-box lock-it-up schemes. Yes, the UI is even stranger than Tidal, and it doesn't have a dark mode for people who care about such things, but seriously, it took me like 10 seconds to decide to drop Tidal.
I posted this earlier in the thread:

Thanks to @CAPT Deadpool, I was able to grab one of the Qobuz preview codes.

First impressions: I am thrilled.

I am listening to Hélène Grimaud's Bach album on DGG (wonderful music and performance). On Tidal lossless, this album is plagued by the UMG audible watermark, which is applied to Universal Music recordings on Tidal, Spotify, and others. In sustained piano notes, the watermark causes a distortion like a pulsating vibrato. On Qobuz, this album doesn't have watermark distortion and the piano sounds clean and natural.​

Many albums on Qobuz stream at 24/96, and some at 24/192. With native hi-res streaming available, MQA is pointless.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #41,663 of 151,180
@Jason Stoddard Having been to Capital Audiofest (CAF) the other week and being on the DIY journey that started with Schiit Coasters I noticed that the CAF had a lot of very expensive tube amps for speakers. It seems to my amateur eyes that there is a lot of room for disruption in the speaker tube amp market. I imagine you could design and sell a approx 100watt tube monoblock (possily stereo too at 50wpc like Vidar and Aegir) for under $1000. Unfortunately I don’t think this is a trikle down design like yggy that can be adapted down the price chain to gumby, bimby, and Mimby.

I’d be interested to hear what you think about tube speaker amps, but realize u are more into SS.

The VTA M125 kits are in the same price range but most everything else is either crappy or super expensive.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #41,669 of 151,180
Bidets are much better than TP. Perhaps Schiit should look into producing a bidet instead

True but high plate voltages or rails don't mix with water.

Nov 13, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #41,670 of 151,180
I'll get pics when it happens on December 1.

Consider this a test run for some pranks...er, I mean, "marketing," that we may try at larger shows.
When it comes to Marketing Jason, you are the Schiit!
Vali 2 arrived today, first tube headphone amplifier experience, and I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back