Schiit Gungnir DAC
Jan 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #782 of 7,050
Quote:
Yeah it's ok,but your right about that impatient part
biggrin.gif

You'll understand how much of a joke I was making when you finally get that pair. You'll be a world of bliss. 

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #784 of 7,050
Yeah I forgot to mention that I also bought a pair or LCD 3's, ordered Sunday, gonna be at my door on Thursday. That's probably another reason I'm getting really anxious. I'm anxious to find out about the next level of Schiit since I have and used all of their products, and I'm especially anxious the difference between the LCD 2 and LCD 3. Hopefully I get to do all this in another week or so.

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #785 of 7,050
Not much to be anxious about imo.
Quote:
Yeah I forgot to mention that I also bought a pair or LCD 3's, ordered Sunday, gonna be at my door on Thursday. That's probably another reason I'm getting really anxious. I'm anxious to find out about the next level of Schiit since I have and used all of their products, and I'm especially anxious the difference between the LCD 2 and LCD 3. Hopefully I get to do all this in another week or so.

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #786 of 7,050
Quote:

Quote:
Not much to be anxious about imo.

Ouch, that's just cold

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #788 of 7,050
Quote:
I feel you, I've been checking the status on the website nearly every morning recently. My current setup iphone->lcd3. Needless to say I'm ready for the mjolnir/gungnir combo to ship out

Haha, ouch, didn't realize you sold your previous setup before the Mjolnir/Gungnir arrived. I suppose that'll make the difference a bit more obvious though when they do get there though.

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #789 of 7,050
Haha, ouch, didn't realize you sold your previous setup before the Mjolnir/Gungnir arrived. I suppose that'll make the difference a bit more obvious though when they do get there though.

Yeah the previous setup funded the new combo but it should be in for the Charlotte meet on the 20th I hope. Then we can have a all solid state schiit combo throw down, magni/modi vs asgard/bifrost vs mjolnir/gungnir.

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #790 of 7,050
Quote:
Yeah the previous setup funded the new combo but it should be in for the Charlotte meet on the 20th I hope. Then we can have a all solid state schiit combo throw down, magni/modi vs asgard/bifrost vs mjolnir/gungnir.

That'll be some good fun, although I expect to then end up wanting to save for Mjolnir/Gungnir. The Magni and Modi have turned out to be quite impressive though.

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #792 of 7,050
Did you end up contacting Schiit during the wait? With the wait time for me I asked if they could add the usb option after some thought so if I needed to use the gungnir with my macbook air I could. They told me hoping to ship in about 10 days, and that was 12/26. I expect it to be more than that tho.

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #793 of 7,050
Did you end up contacting Schiit during the wait? With the wait time for me I asked if they could add the usb option after some thought so if I needed to use the gungnir with my macbook air I could. They told me hoping to ship in about 10 days, and that was 12/26. I expect it to be more than that tho.

I did contact them and was told they were looking at the end of December for shipment. At the time I placed my order, the Schiit website stated an estimated shipping date of 12-10, IIRC. My guess is that the production of the new DAC and amp recently released bumped the production of our orders back a bit.

Thanks for relaying the updated shipping estimate.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #794 of 7,050
that suck, i wanted to buy one but now I think i'll go with musical paradise mp-d1... 

I really wish somebody could compare those two... 

I really like the idea of having all tube analog stage with the ak4399... since ak4399 i found that the bifrost was missing a little in the midrange against CS4398 dac... 

but i wonder how good the analog stage, power, clock and reclocker is in the gungnir against that mp-d1... 

wish somebody could compare both in a real true fight !! :)

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #795 of 7,050
What's the rest of your chain look like? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back