Schiit Gungnir DAC
Sep 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #46 of 7,050
Hesitating. The few hints about the statement dac are awfully tantalizing!

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #48 of 7,050
Aren't the only few hints about statement DAC price and new technology?

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #49 of 7,050
Look here. HeroKid did a great job pulling Jason's comments together in that first post. To this Maxlva (IIRC) just added in the Mjolnir thread there are some issues they're working on with the statement DAC. It's not a finalized product by any means.

So yep, not much to go on. It's the new technology, ground-breaking talk that interests me.

Then again, a DAC in the hand is probably worth a multitude on the design pad...

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #50 of 7,050
[size=medium]My credit card co. froze my account and sent me an email telling me to [/size][size=medium]call them right away[/size][size=medium].[/size]

[size=medium]When I did, they said there had been recent suspicious activity regarding the account.[/size]
[size=medium]It seems some company called 'schit’ had posted a transaction in an amount higher than typically seen by the account. They wanted me to confirm that I was aware of the purchase and it was in fact a legitimate purchase. [/size]

[size=medium]True story, I schiit you not![/size]

[size=medium]I am still laughing to myself hours later.[/size]

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #51 of 7,050
Quote:
[size=medium]My credit card co. froze my account and sent me an email telling me to [/size][size=medium]call them right away[/size][size=medium].[/size]

[size=medium]When I did, they said there had been recent suspicious activity regarding the account.[/size]
[size=medium]It seems some company called 'schit’ had posted a transaction in an amount higher than typically seen by the account. They wanted me to confirm that I was aware of the purchase and it was in fact a legitimate purchase. [/size]

This doesn't mean that banks will flag an account just because of Schiit. Banks are stupid. I once bought postage stamps at the post office (run by the government!) and got a call for verification! I swear that if I bought a Twinkie in another state my bank (Chase) would want to verify it.
Every time I buy something from Japan I get a call for verification. It's not a service, but more like harassment. I've had my Credit Card info stolen once and they never caught the bad transactions.

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #52 of 7,050
[size=medium]I felt bad for the poor girl on the other end of the line.[/size]

[size=medium]She is like, "Yes Sir, there is a charge from a company called SH.....ahhh.....Sheeee......errr...ah.....i'm not sure how to say......shhhhhyyyy".[/size]

[size=medium]I politely interrupted, but only after I left her floundering for longer than I should have, curmudgeon that I am. At least I did not laugh out loud at her.[/size]

[size=medium]I told her, "It is OK. And yes, it is pronounced just like you think. Don't worry. It is an honest company & I am aware that the order was placed".[/size]

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #53 of 7,050
Quote:

This doesn't mean that banks will flag an account just because of Schiit. Banks are stupid. I once bought postage stamps at the post office (run by the government!) and got a call for verification! I swear that if I bought a Twinkie in another state my bank (Chase) would want to verify it.
Every time I buy something from Japan I get a call for verification. It's not a service, but more like harassment. I've had my Credit Card info stolen once and they never caught the bad transactions.

[size=medium]I did not intend to imply that the ‘name’ only was the trigger.[/size]
[size=medium]Only that I found it quite funny.[/size]

[size=medium]I am not upset that their algorithm flagged my activity. Still, I would never let it provide a false sense of security.[/size]

[size=medium]Last time I went to Europe, I called my (different) bank to let them know I would be out of the country and using my card. They acted all snotty saying that the card worked all over the world (like I was stupid not to know & I was basically wasting their time).[/size]

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #54 of 7,050
I felt bad for the poor girl on the other end of the line.

She is like, "Yes Sir, there is a charge from a company called SH.....ahhh.....Sheeee......errr...ah.....i'm not sure how to say......shhhhhyyyy".

I politely interrupted, but only after I left her floundering for longer than I should have, curmudgeon that I am. At least I did not laugh out loud at her.

I told her, "It is OK. And yes, it is pronounced just like you think. Don't worry. It is an honest company & I am aware that the order was placed".

This is very funny, surely I will tell my friends about this. Cheers!!!

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #55 of 7,050
Quote:

Quote:

You made me laugh..funny story. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #56 of 7,050
Quote:
[size=medium]I felt bad for the poor girl on the other end of the line.[/size]

[size=medium]She is like, "Yes Sir, there is a charge from a company called SH.....ahhh.....Sheeee......errr...ah.....i'm not sure how to say......shhhhhyyyy".[/size]

[size=medium]I politely interrupted, but only after I left her floundering for longer than I should have, curmudgeon that I am. At least I did not laugh out loud at her.[/size]

[size=medium]I told her, "It is OK. And yes, it is pronounced just like you think. Don't worry. It is an honest company & I am aware that the order was placed".[/size]

Rofl
The name sure sounds suspicious, and I have once in a similar situation.
It took quite some time to get the money wired.

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #59 of 7,050
No shipments yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back