Schiit Gungnir DAC
Jul 21, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #5,161 of 7,050
It has been a week and a half now and I recall the Mimby + Jot being more energetic than the Gumby + Jot. Frankly, I'm not even completely sure what I've gained from the Gumby. What's going on? I've been keeping both the Gumby and Jot on constantly.

Jul 24, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #5,162 of 7,050
It's been a pleasure reading all this Gumby thread through over and over again and enjoying Gumby's superb sound, but I have to let my Gumby go. So if anyone wants or knows someone who may want a mint condition 230V Gumby (gen2 usb), then shoot me PM! Also available stacked with MJ2 (ifi nos 5670 tubes). Thanks! :slight_smile:

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #5,163 of 7,050
It's been a pleasure reading all this Gumby thread through over and over again and enjoying Gumby's superb sound, but I have to let my Gumby go. So if anyone wants or knows someone who may want a mint condition 230V Gumby (gen2 usb), then shoot me PM! Also available stacked with MJ2 (ifi nos 5670 tubes). Thanks! :slight_smile:

Oh !! ... that's one of the best stacks for the money IMO ... presumably you have a replacement ? Ygdrassil + ?

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #5,164 of 7,050
It has been a week and a half now and I recall the Mimby + Jot being more energetic than the Gumby + Jot. Frankly, I'm not even completely sure what I've gained from the Gumby. What's going on? I've been keeping both the Gumby and Jot on constantly.

You may be hearing more of the music and less of the high end. Stage should be wider and instruments more resolved.
Also depends on your music source and other factors...

Net, GMB has (at least) two more bits of resolution than the Mimby.

Happy Listening!
RCB

Jul 24, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #5,165 of 7,050
Oh !! ... that's one of the best stacks for the money IMO ... presumably you have a replacement ? Ygdrassil + ?

It is amazing stack yes, but I have to downgrade. So no yggy for me. Traded my HD800s for Aeon flow open to try something different and will buy mimby and vali2, when I get this stack sold. Sometimes there are more important things in life than dacs amps and headphones :laughing:

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #5,167 of 7,050
IMG_0008.jpg I just got a Gumby and I am being asked if it is a version 2. I can probably find out tomorrow unless someone has some good tips that might help.

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #5,168 of 7,050
I just got a Gumby and I am being asked if it is a version 2. I can probably find out tomorrow unless someone has some good tips that might help.
Cool, didn't know Analog 2 for Gumby was out yet.

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #5,169 of 7,050
It may not be lol.

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #5,170 of 7,050
The existence of Gumby version 2 is only a rumor being thrown around by some members on Head-Fi. Schiit has said nothing about it. I haven't even seen anybody claim that new Gumbys sound better than older Gumbys.

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #5,171 of 7,050
Thanks, I really did not know a newer version existed, I have talked to Jason about other things but not that. I doubt seriously this is a new version, people have asked me a couple times so I sought an answer.:)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #5,172 of 7,050
Related to the Gumby version 2, the rumour came from the fact that the new Version of the Yggy (2) starts with a "B" letter in the S/N of the unit. It seems that the latest S/N's of the Gumby starts with this "B" letter also. So, a lot of people is making this association and they are assuming that Schiit rolled out a new version of the Gumby.

QJA

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #5,173 of 7,050
Related to the Gumby version 2, the rumour came from the fact that the new Version of the Yggy (2) starts with a "B" letter in the S/N of the unit. It seems that the latest S/N's of the Gumby starts with this "B" letter also. So, a lot of people is making this association and they are assuming that Schiit rolled out a new version of the Gumby.

QJA

Mine starts with the letter B as well. Was wondering. So all the Yggy 1s started with A and it has been confirmed that all the Yggy 2s start with B, even prior to the announcement?

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #5,174 of 7,050
This S/N certainly starts with B in the event that letter is significant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back