Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Aug 15, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #2,686 of 2,799
My suggestion would be to look in the Eitr thread. I have not read in detail, but there are reported some sensitivity issues due to electrical noise (i.e. in house wiring or due to other things sharing the electrical circuit). I have personally had no issues with either USB Gen 5 (Yggy) or my Eitr plugged into my Bifrost Multibit. I too am using Foobar through Wasapi. So I think you may have to look further upstream for the issue.

Thanks for your reply, actually i was doing eliminate electrical noises, especially handling and testing with multi-tap plug adapters.
When i shaking them, bimby occur multiple clicks.
But clicks never showed up only when i was using USB as inputs(i never use optical input).
I think my bimby's problem is concerned about coaxial input socket, will see after trying some tests tomorrow, 1) eitr+nfb11 to figure out whether eitr is fault or not and 2) belcanto mlink+bimby to figure out whether bimby's coax input was damaged.

Aug 15, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #2,687 of 2,799
Does anyone get experience of randomly clicking of bifrost?
I usually use it with coaxial input and right after changing my ddc singxer f-1 to eitr, whether doing nothing or in middle of music being played by foobar through wasapi, i always got that issue.
Down there is from ratencymon implemented on my pc.

Looks like USB driver issue there. Try reinstalling the drivers

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #2,689 of 2,799
I have not experienced pops or ticks with the BIFROST Gen 5 MB I have for a few months now...
but I have experienced annoying clicks etc with other modems, like my HRT MSii+ asynch USB DAC.

This is with Win 7 and Win 10...the only way to get rid of these was adjust the buffering settings in the music player.

Alex

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #2,690 of 2,799
Now i'm sure that Eitr is very sensitive to electrically shock.
When i turn off the switch of my speaker, they making pause, when speaker's power plug is connected to the multi plugs tap which has eitr's ac adapter is plugged in.

If you are planning to use eitr, then make sure eitr's ac adapter get plugged to wall socket alone.

Maybe i can avoid such happening if i use lps one like teradak, but i don't know technically could it help.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #2,691 of 2,799
I have not experienced pops or ticks with the BIFROST Gen 5 MB I have for a few months now...
but I have experienced annoying clicks etc with other modems, like my HRT MSii+ asynch USB DAC.

This is with Win 7 and Win 10...the only way to get rid of these was adjust the buffering settings in the music player.

Alex
I'm using it with media player buffer optimized(just like fidelizer said) and with fidelizer "audiophile" settings.
After my cpu core getting all unparked, Latencymon show only green letters.

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #2,692 of 2,799
If "I" were troubleshooting a pop, click or intermittent I would remove all other stuff other than what is needed to play music...all supposed optimizations, plugins etc..keep it simple as you can,
Just the Operating system, and a music player.....don't add other crap to make things confusing....Once you get your issue identified its more likely to come up with a fix. Then if you want to add all the other crap back do it one at a time and see if they are part of the issue.
Troubleshooting 101.

Alex

Aug 22, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #2,695 of 2,799
And is bigger and costs more…!

JJ

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #2,696 of 2,799
Guys,

How can I tell the difference between normal Bifrost and Bimby? Is there an "M" sign like The Mimby?

It'll have a sticker that says "Bifrost Multibit " on the back

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #2,697 of 2,799
Guys,

How can I tell the difference between normal Bifrost and Bimby? Is there an "M" sign like The Mimby?

When you click on the MODEL drop down on the Bifrost product selection on their website you'll see your selection options. Also if you read the description it will explain the difference between the regular Bifrost and the Bimby. On the back panel there should be a holographic sticker that specifies which model you have.

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #2,698 of 2,799
Aug 22, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #2,699 of 2,799
My bad, I thought the subject was the difference between the Mimby and Bimby…

Moving right along now… :k701smile:

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back