Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Nov 16, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #2,791 of 2,799
I have a Bifrost 1, and very much like it. There will be an upgrade to the USB from Gen 5 (if you have it) to Schitts new Unison USB interface. I was fortunate to get a beta Unison card and I have used it for a few months, absolutey a great upgrade to this dac.....and I am torn between selling my bifrost 1 and upgrading to the Bifrost 2....IMO its probably sonically not really worth a $600 difffernce...so you can be very happy with a Bifrost 1 with the Unison upgrade.....for sure....

Alex

Dec 28, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #2,792 of 2,799
I have a Bifrost 1, and very much like it. There will be an upgrade to the USB from Gen 5 (if you have it) to Schitts new Unison USB interface. I was fortunate to get a beta Unison card and I have used it for a few months, absolutey a great upgrade to this dac.....and I am torn between selling my bifrost 1 and upgrading to the Bifrost 2....IMO its probably sonically not really worth a $600 difffernce...so you can be very happy with a Bifrost 1 with the Unison upgrade.....for sure....

Alex

Bringing back from the dead. I have the First Gen Multibit Bifrost and am thinking of upgrading. Did you upgrade?

Dec 28, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #2,794 of 2,799
Bringing back from the dead. I have the First Gen Multibit Bifrost and am thinking of upgrading. Did you upgrade?
The B2 is a considerable upgrade, but if you want some nice gains in the cheap the BF1 can be modded.

Dec 28, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #2,799 of 2,799
Back to the topic of the Unison upgrade, anyone try it over Gen 5? I've been tempted, "what the hell, it's only $150", but I thought the Gen 5 was already a good USB upgrade, so it's hard to image the Unison adding much.
In my Yggdrasil Unison made a huge improvement over Gen 5 USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back