Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
Feb 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #676 of 1,448
  It's the game. This latest update introduced some sound issues on certain maps. As for your music, no better time than now to start replacing all of those MP3s with lossless!

I don't notice a difference with lossless but I have considering at least converting my albums to FLAC.  I figure if it's something I will listen to a lot and the whole album is good that I might as well.  Thanks for the info about BF4, I was playing Operation Locker and noticed it.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #677 of 1,448
I don't notice a difference with lossless but I have considering at least converting my albums to FLAC.  I figure if it's something I will listen to a lot and the whole album is good that I might as well.  Thanks for the info about BF4, I was playing Operation Locker and noticed it.

Personally I have all my CD collection in FLAC format now. With modern hard drive and sd card sizes there's not much need for lossy compression anymore :)

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #678 of 1,448
Personally I have all my CD collection in FLAC format now. With modern hard drive and sd card sizes there's not much need for lossy compression anymore
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, my CD converted to FLAC library at this date now boasts over 12,000 songs and the whole things is still less than 250GB. IMO its a none issue having all my music in FLAC format.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #679 of 1,448
One of the most significant cans I have bought has been my SRH940. They are brutally honest and hide no errors in the mastering or encoding process. This required me to up my game with my stored content. Have spent the last year attempting to take my current library of 17k songs of MP3/AACs and finally re-source or re-rip them to ALAC.

How does this pertain to this thread? It's nice when you address the weakest link in your workflow and put the bottleneck or constraint on another factor. Sounds like moving to the Bifrost Uber has done that for several people.

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #680 of 1,448
Yea I'll probably start with my favorite CDs and then go from there to other CDs of mine 

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #688 of 1,448
Alright, I'm not happy. Was listening to some music last night when the sound started cutting in and out. Through testing all equipment in my line, I found it was the Bifrost Uber that was doing it. Now, the sound is almost completely gone. I will start a song and at some point, it will cut in and out until the sound goes out completely. I've found turning it off and on doesn't work nor does switching between the different inputs. What will work is unplugging and re-plugging in the USB cable on the DAC will bring the sound back, but then it will go again after a little bit of time. I suppose I will have to use the Modi for the time being which is a real drag.

The DAC is three weeks old, so you can imagine I'm pretty disappointed right now. Anyone else experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back