1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade

First

Back
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last
  1. roguegeek
    Mac running 10.9.1. Driverless.

2. roguegeek
    Have not tried on other computers. I suppose I could. I just know the problem goes away when I substitute in a Modi instead.

3. StanD
    From a Windoze perpective: I'd check the drivers first. Many times if you change a property in the DAC specific driver for let's say an enhancement the sound cuts out, requiring an in and out of the USB cable to restore the flow of music. Perhaps the Bifrost driver is flaky and needs an uninstall/reinstall. do you have another DAC that you run on the same USB port? Can you try the SPDIF connection and see if the sound quits? Otherwise you might need to call for an RMA.
    Edit: I missed the part about the MAC. Try the SPIDF connection, if possible.

4. Tuco1965
    Modi doesn't require a driver while Bifrost does.

5. roguegeek

Ugh. Now I have to pick up an adapter just to test all of this crap. Yeah, I'll try and do that.

Neither require drivers on a Mac.

6. StanD
    Yep, I believe the MAC directly supports the USB 2 audio spec. and Windoze does not.

7. roguegeek
    Now that I think about it, I didn't check the USB cable. Will swap that out too when I get home, but it doesn't make sense that it's that since the Modi did work with the cable.

8. Tuco1965
    Try another cable anyway.  Nothing to lose at this point.

9. ben_r_
    Dang, I didnt know the Bifrost required a windows driver... Mine hasnt come yet. Thats not good. Is it a generic driver or something we have to depend on Schiit to maintain?

10. Tuco1965
    Schiit has it to download from their site.  It's a C Media driver.

11. madwolfa

Windoze doesn't support USB Audio 2.0 protocol natively (the one which makes modes higher than 24/96 possible).

12. hodgjy
    If you have the equipment, try hooking up a DVD or CD player over coax or optical to see if the DAC works with the exception of the USB implementation.  If it does, then you confirmed USB is the culprit.  Try another computer is possible to determine if the DAC or computer is at fault.

13. StanD
    I see in another thread that your DAC croaked last night. Was it the Modi?

14. roguegeek
    Ugh, I wish. It was the Bifrost Uber. I describe the problem here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661444/schiit-bifrost-uber-analog-upgrade/675#post_10316057

15. StanD
    So when are you getting a replacement? I understand their customer service is second to none. Whenever I asked questions via email the responses were amazingly swift.

First

Back
37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Next

Last