Schiit Audio Loki Mini Four-Band Equalizer - Head-Fi TV
Jan 24, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #92 of 109
Interesting. But the knobs make reading the current EQ settings less intuitive than graphical sliders. 4-band means good for general tone shaping, probably not for fixing certain peaks in FR.

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #93 of 109
Interesting. But the knobs make reading the current EQ settings less intuitive than graphical sliders. 4-band means good for general tone shaping, probably not for fixing certain peaks in FR.

I know right? I miss the look of sliders. But here are some thoughts on those "lowest-common-denominator open-frame slider potentiometers (all the better for collecting dust and becoming a scratchy mess over time)", the number of bands, and more from the president of the company: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sch...bable-start-up.701900/page-1661#post-13746220

You'll also find thoughts from the CTO here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-322#post-13748153

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #94 of 109
Since I'm not technically savvy and cannot for the life of me understand the db & Hz jargon I can only guess that I already have something similar to the Loki implemented within my vintage Kenwood KA-8006 Integrated Amplifier and why I like it so much. It's the beautiful looking switches on the front panel of the amp. I was with my older brother when he bought this amp back in 1974. He gave it to me about 10 years ago. I was jubilent.

Pictures from owner's manual below :

Photo on 2018-01-24 at 3.23 PM.jpg

Photo on 2018-01-24 at 3.23 PM #2.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #96 of 109
I found the perfect settings on the Loki for my Denon D2000 headphones.

I love this little box with 4 knobs!

Mine arrived yesterday. Can't wait to give it a try. Just need to make a pair of interconnects...hopefully time to do that today.

Feb 19, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #98 of 109
a wish is to have a loki in a portable form that cab hooked to a dap.

to me loki is one of the best purchases in 2017

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #100 of 109
is there any point in upgrading the power supply for the Loki to lower noise floor?

How would you upgrade it? I mean, it's already a linear power supply when taken as a whole (AC from wall-wart, rectification on the Loki's PC board, no DC switching).

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #101 of 109
I have a Schiit Valhalla but I always found it unlistenably shrill, so it's just been on a shelf for years now.

Would this help smooth things out and make it worth it? Or would I just be throwing more good money after bad schiit?

edit: I was bored and downloaded a graphic EQ app (boom 3d) and it really solved the problems I had with the Valhalla. Is it recommended to get a dedicated EQ or is a software solution sufficient?

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #102 of 109
I have a Schiit Valhalla but I always found it unlistenably shrill, so it's just been on a shelf for years now.

Would this help smooth things out and make it worth it? Or would I just be throwing more good money after bad schiit?

edit: I was bored and downloaded a graphic EQ app (boom 3d) and it really solved the problems I had with the Valhalla. Is it recommended to get a dedicated EQ or is a software solution sufficient?

Here's the Schiit CTO on why this is better than digital EQ: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...n-robert-hunter.784471/page-322#post-13748153

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #103 of 109
Jul 22, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #104 of 109

Yeah, after my question I read through all the threads, saw that, and bought the thing.

Gotta say, the digital EQ in the mix really has blown me away. The Valhalla has been collecting dust for years now, feels great that the money wasn't a total waste. I totally just ignored digital EQs for years and just assumed it would be a lipstick on a pig solution. If digital EQ can make it sound this good, I can only imagine that analog will make things even better (and if need be, use the digital eq for fine tweaking since the Loki is only 4 bands)

Being shipped now, will post in the review thread once I get this bad boy in

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #105 of 109
Okay so I got it and have been loving it, but have a question now

Found when I cranked my volume on my Valhalla up to 10, with no source, I could hear some electronic interference. It was only when the tone switch was on, once cut off things went clean/silent again.

I was feeling around to see if the cables were on right and got some sudden static noise, but couldnt repeat it.

Then I started twirling around the tone knobs and got some more irregular interference.

Then suddenly it stopped and now I'm making this post. Did I get a bum unit or can this be attributed to something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back