Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Aug 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #1,307 of 1,717
I was just reading the 6 moons review.

He complained about an audible hum you can hear when it's turned on.  Is this still the case or did Schiit take care of it?

I'd say this is the last stumbling block between deciding on this or the M-Stage (I'm not a fan of blue lights or the size of that amp).

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #1,308 of 1,717
Roker,

The hum has been cured for quite a long time now.

All the best,
Jason

Quote:
I was just reading the 6 moons review.

He complained about an audible hum you can hear when it's turned on.  Is this still the case or did Schiit take care of it?

I'd say this is the last stumbling block between deciding on this or the M-Stage (I'm not a fan of blue lights or the size of that amp).

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 23, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #1,310 of 1,717

Quote:
Roker,

The hum has been cured for quite a long time now.

All the best,
Jason

Haha, thanks Jason.  6 moons is the clumsiest site I've ever seen.  I can only access that review through Google anyway.  But they should update their reviews with info like this.

I'm going to take a week to sell my amp, then I'm going to decide.  

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #1,311 of 1,717

Quote:

I can attest to that -- both my Asgards (one purchased when the amp first came out last summer, the other purchased this spring) are very quiet amps, with no hum issues at all.

2 Asgards? That's nice. I'm thinking about getting a Lyr for my home and taking my Valhalla to the office. Their portability is great. I've convinced a few people to buy the amp by bringing it over to work and just letting them listen to it with their headphones during their lunch break. Maybe I could start a monthly Lunch Break Schiit Meet.
smile.gif

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #1,312 of 1,717

Quote:
2 Asgards? That's nice. I'm thinking about getting a Lyr for my home and taking my Valhalla to the office. Their portability is great. I've convinced a few people to buy the amp by bringing it over to work and just letting them listen to it with their headphones during their lunch break. Maybe I could start a monthly Lunch Break Schiit Meet.
smile.gif

That sounds like such a good idea, i would like to do that at work but in a kitchen too much water and fire..... shame.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #1,313 of 1,717

Quote:
smile.gif

Haha that would be excellent, meeting at lunch over some Schiit.  The amps really do travel well -- I keep one at home, and the other at the office.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #1,314 of 1,717

Quote:
That sounds like such a good idea, i would like to do that at work but in a kitchen too much water and fire..... shame.
tongue_smile.gif

Well they come to my office (when I had one) during our lunch break and not the actual lunch kitchen. Too many deadbeats in that kitchen.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #1,317 of 1,717

Quote:
how do schiit asgard sound compared to little dot mk v? which one is best option for denon ah d2000?

I can't compare the two (never heard the Little Dot), but I can say that the Asgard is an excellent match for the D2000, or for any Denon headphone for that matter.  The Asgard really helps to tighten up the bass and clean up the sound overall with Denon headphones.

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #1,318 of 1,717
with this amp on my coffeetable,
i know the lizards wont come for the cookietray...its more than warmmmm. 
tongue.gif

Its been 3days since i brought it home....
there is slammmm, there is bite, there is speed, there is warmth...
my d2000 is on adrenalin, and von karajan is turning his orchestra into a rockband.

good seperation, in your face frontrow presentation,
the left-right soundstage is catching more of my awareness than the depth.
not as refined a sound as a BCL, but for the kick n bang$$$$ the amp is throwing out...
lets PARTY!!

beerchug.gif

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #1,319 of 1,717

Quote:
with this amp on my coffeetable,
i know the lizards wont come for the cookietray...its more than warmmmm. 
tongue.gif

Its been 3days since i brought it home....
there is slammmm, there is bite, there is speed, there is warmth...
my d2000 is on adrenalin, and von karajan is turning his orchestra into a rockband.

good seperation, in your face frontrow presentation,
the left-right soundstage is catching more of my awareness than the depth.
not as refined a sound as a BCL, but for the kick n bang$$$$ the amp is throwing out...
lets PARTY!!

beerchug.gif

Not as "refined" in what way?

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #1,320 of 1,717
(The BCL is like a finecomb, more resolving ...cooler, clinical)
asgard struck me as slightly grainier..more bite/fun.
I switched from the stock powercord to a copper to a silver,
from genre to genre, i switched cans..tat aspect stuck in my mind,
not life threatening, just my sense of reference since i have a BCL two feet away, jealous.

The asgard is on centrestage, rocking me happy.
gs1000.gif
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back