Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #183 of 2,857
no. https://www.schiit.co.uk/ is the UK distributor. not just interested for myself, generally too.

they posted on FB about it as revealed and have gone quiet since. should be resolved quicker than this, surely.
I know. My link is eu distributor. Uk is still in the eu

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #184 of 2,857
What makes the A3 better for this?

In comparison to my Valhalla 2, the Asgard 3 would give me better impedance matching with different headphones. The Valhalla 2 is still a great amp, but it pairs best with high impedance cans like those from Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser. I was getting OK performance with the Valhalla with my ATH-MSR7, but even with low gain used, I didn't have quite the volume range as I do with my Amiron Home. Plus I noticed better bass clarity and instrument separation when I paired the ATH-MSR7 with the Asgard 3.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #185 of 2,857
In comparison to my Valhalla 2, the Asgard 3 would give me better impedance matching with different headphones. The Valhalla 2 is still a great amp, but it pairs best with high impedance cans like those from Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser. I was getting OK performance with the Valhalla with my ATH-MSR7, but even with low gain used, I didn't have quite the volume range as I do with my Amiron Home. Plus I noticed better bass clarity and instrument separation when I paired the ATH-MSR7 with the Asgard 3.

I always tell people there is no such thing as bad amp or bad headphones, its merely finding the right synergy between the two. Glad you found yours finally!

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #186 of 2,857
There's defnitely bad headphones and amps, lol.

But I do mostly agree with that statement. Most headphones worth two cents are good in some form or other, and merely require people to give them a prolonged period of expereince to allow their ears to acclimate and adapt to a headphone's specific sound. This is why I will never really take impressions based off less than a day any real serious thought. There's so many factors, like personal biases, as well as psychological, and physiological states. I literally took that from my upcoming review of the Grado White.

You can't see well in the dark when coming from a bright room, yet after some time, you can start making out the details. The same goes for ears. Merely one of many factors.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #187 of 2,857
Got my Asgard 3 this afternoon. It is obviously quieter than the Magni 3 I had in place. And, with just a little burn in, it seems to have a richer soundstage, as well as better control of the bass on my modded Fostex RP50. I will let it burn in overnight. As for right now, it is very nice. Holly Cole's "Don't Smoke in Bed" sounds great . Just wish I'd known there was another input board available, earlier. That would have allowed a link to my turntable through my system's normal pre-amp. Using a Modi 2 Uber D-S dac and my Onkyo cd as a transport. I don't think the Asgard is much warmer than the dac. I'll try my Senn 6xx tomorrow.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #188 of 2,857
I always tell people there is no such thing as bad amp or bad headphones, its merely finding the right synergy between the two. Glad you found yours finally!

Right! Horses for courses, as the old saying goes.

Sep 9, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #190 of 2,857
Dear Mr. Stoddard,

I've been an Owner and Lover of the Asgard 2 since it's original release. I've always felt it to be as good sounding as my Elecrocompaniet gear ( Superb ). Your Valhalla 2 with outstanding glass is even better ( Russian Tubes costing $400ish, phew ) .

So, I'm a Schiit Fan and proponent of yours and especially your Company maintaining a high level of Integrity despite it's rather horrible name ( Can it too be up-graded ) ?

You present a dam good argument for up-grading to Asgard 3 w/Multibit for $399 in a Grayish Mark Levinson sort of look. I like it, certainly.

But...

Power Switch stubbornly remains on the rear panel. PaLeeeeeeezzzzzeee

Despite your designs being outrageously cheap, they perform beautifully and they re-sell beautifully.

Your Made in USA Company is remarkable, your staying in Business is easy on Chinesium sore Eyes.

I love you lads.

I'm delighted to see you keeping up the dam good work.

Tony now in Tropical Venice Florida, recently of the Frozen North

ps. your admiring Reviewer Steve G. has Nelson Pass making informed comments on the incredibly long lifespans of Solid State Devices

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #192 of 2,857
Yeah, we should sell them. I've just been lazy about listing them. I'll add the analog input card as an option for $20 on Monday. Sorry for the oversight.

This is the news I have been waiting for. I have a Modi MB that I use all 3 inputs on and a Mani for a MC cart. I will be moving up to an Asgard 3 shortly, in black of course.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #194 of 2,857
no. https://www.schiit.co.uk/ is the UK distributor. not just interested for myself, generally too.

they posted on FB about it as revealed and have gone quiet since. should be resolved quicker than this, surely.

I know. My link is eu distributor. Uk is still in the eu

Not to add any fuel to this fire, but if you try and buy from the EU site, there is no option for United Kingdom, Britain or Great Britain in the Address list. Since the UK has its own site and UK Based Supplier (Electromod), I believe its not possible to purchase from the EU site for UK delivery. Might be worth contacting Electromod to see if they have any answers. The EU site says that it's a 4 to 6 week Pre-Order so i don't believe it will be soon either way.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #195 of 2,857
Not to add any fuel to this fire, but if you try and buy from the EU site, there is no option for United Kingdom, Britain or Great Britain in the Address list. Since the UK has its own site and UK Based Supplier (Electromod), I believe its not possible to purchase from the EU site for UK delivery. Might be worth contacting Electromod to see if they have any answers. The EU site says that it's a 4 to 6 week Pre-Order so i don't believe it will be soon either way.
just for curiosity. explain me difference between Britain and Great Britain
Edit: for me Britain is in france

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back