Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #196 of 2,857
just for curiosity. explain me difference between Britain and Great Britain
Edit: for me Britain is in france

The one in France is Brittany..

The difference between Britain and Great Britain is one starts with a "B" and the other a "G".. :)

Technically though there is this.... "Here's where things get really confusing: Although commonly used as a colloquial shorthand for the UK, Britain is also a political entity that doesn't really exist anymore. We've established that Great Britain is the name of the island containing England, Scotland, and Wales, but "Britain" is really an archaic term for the Roman territory of Britannia, also called Britannia Major to distinguish it from Britannia Minor (the area of France now called Brittany). Scotland was never conquered by the Romans, so Britain—if you're being pedantic—refers only to England and Wales."

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #197 of 2,857
The one in France is Brittany..

The difference between Britain and Great Britain is one starts with a "B" and the other a "G".. :)

Technically though there is this.... "Here's where things get really confusing: Although commonly used as a colloquial shorthand for the UK, Britain is also a political entity that doesn't really exist anymore. We've established that Great Britain is the name of the island containing England, Scotland, and Wales, but "Britain" is really an archaic term for the Roman territory of Britannia, also called Britannia Major to distinguish it from Britannia Minor (the area of France now called Brittany). Scotland was never conquered by the Romans, so Britain—if you're being pedantic—refers only to England and Wales."
really thanks.I didn't know these differences.

Sep 10, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #198 of 2,857
Any photos of how the internal LED looks? Thanks

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #200 of 2,857
It's just a small led light on the board inside the unit, you can see it through the vent from the top of the amp.
Yep, read that. I was wondering if anyone had a pic in a dimly light room. Does the top give off any glow that might light up the shelf above it or the ceiling?

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #202 of 2,857
Yep, read that. I was wondering if anyone had a pic in a dimly light room. Does the top give off any glow that might light up the shelf above it or the ceiling?
I'll take one tonight.
It is just a single, fairly dim white LED that illuminates through most of the vent holes on the top. It's not bright enough to cause any shine-through that would hit the ceiling and be distracting.
One strange thing about it is that when you switch the Asgard 3 off, instead of the LED just instantly turning off like you would expect, it stays on and then veeeery slooooowly fades out, like its on a dimmer or something. Weird.

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #203 of 2,857
Looking forward to A3 vs THX 789 impressions
Yeah, me too.

I heard the 789 at a meet once and thought it sounded a lot like the Jotenheim I once owned.

I directly compared it to my Lyr 2 I had there (from the same DAC) and while I thought the 789 was slightly more resolving, it came at the cost of sounding a little too analytical for me, especially because it would be something that I would be listening to all the time.

But if you are a recording engineer and are looking for an amp that you can use to analyse every little detail going on in a mix, the Jotenheim or the THX 789 (and also the just announced Monoprice 887 amp) are all excellent choices for that.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #204 of 2,857
I'll take one tonight.
It is just a single, fairly dim white LED that illuminates through most of the vent holes on the top. It's not bright enough to cause any shine-through that would hit the ceiling and be distracting.
One strange thing about it is that when you switch the Asgard 3 off, instead of the LED just instantly turning off like you would expect, it stays on and then veeeery slooooowly fades out, like its on a dimmer or something. Weird.

Just the electricity draining out of the capacitors.

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #205 of 2,857
just for curiosity. explain me difference between Britain and Great Britain
Edit: for me Britain is in france

:astonished:

Do you mean Brittany ??!! ... or Bretagne in French

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #206 of 2,857
:astonished:

Do you mean Brittany ??!!
Sacre bleu:ksc75smile: oui monsieur. my doubt was because in italian Bretagna is a region of France and Gran Bretagna is UK. In portuguese is pratically the same Bretanha in France and Grã Bretanha Uk. So i don´t know the word Brittany. Sorry for the O.T.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #208 of 2,857
Greetings ..

I'm planning to give my mobi3/magni3 to my son for his dorm use. My next choice is another Schiit :ksc75smile: - Asgard 3. I'll be buying with the DAC as an extra. I've a DT880 Pro (250 ohm) and a ATH-M50x. Which is the phone for the Asgard 3? Do I need a special USB cable?

Advice highly appreciated.

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #210 of 2,857

IMG_20190910_215420.jpg

IMG_20190910_215552.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back