Save the date: a Sennheiser CES debut
Feb 18, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #302 of 307
I compared HD800 to 800s both with symmetrical cables
HD 800s are less precision, speed and purity of bass than HD800 The scene after the changes is not as breathtaking as in the basic version.
If you only heard a stock version .. you have heard maybe 80% of the clarity and spacey realism vs if the sheets are removed and a silver braided cable.

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #304 of 307
Hello everyone 👋 It's been a whirlwind week at CES followed by a personal trip for a family function, all while planning for a big visit to the Tullamore factory next week. I've been reading the replies, rants, complaints, questions, armchair-management speculation, and other comments--I'm putting together a quick video to try and answer them all. Please stay tuned and thanks for all of the replies!

Still nothing. Turn out the lights, the party is over...

The only assumption I can make is that Sennheiser is abandoning the high end headphone market. It's been a good ride, but the ride appears to be finished. Thankfully, with so many other and frequently better options, this is far less impactful than it would have been a decade ago.

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #305 of 307
Still nothing. Turn out the lights, the party is over...

The only assumption I can make is that Sennheiser is abandoning the high end headphone market. It's been a good ride, but the ride appears to be finished. Thankfully, with so many other and frequently better options, this is far less impactful than it would have been a decade ago.

And with that, I'll see myself out. Cheers :beerchug:

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #306 of 307
If someone is waiting for the HD900, it may appear in time and here it is:
Sennhesier HD 1000. Is this a trip in the future? Or maybe into the past....

Attachments

• hd1000.JPG
    hd1000.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 0
  • P1000484.JPG
    P1000484.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #307 of 307
Its for sure they are working on a future flagship, evidenced by polls, teases in their beyond the curve series and some interviews where they explicitly said they are developing something, but the problem is will our ears remain intact by the time they release it :frowning2: and there is always something special listening to a good song for the first time with a good headphone, that first time charm wont be there for many songs if they release their stuff a decade later :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back