Save the date: a Sennheiser CES debut
Feb 15, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #286 of 307
@Sennheiser disappearing after an outcry (justified or not) is certainly not a good choice.

Feb 17, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #290 of 307
This begs the question of how does the entirety of global PR for a company that sells products worldwide - rely on one man? ...

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #291 of 307
This begs the question of how does the entirety of global PR for a company that sells products worldwide - rely on one man? ...
How did you come to that conclusion?
Why would the head-fi presence of a manufacturer be the entirety of global PR?

Maybe that's true for some new boutique manufacturers but certainly not for a company like Sennheiser

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #292 of 307
How did you come to that conclusion?
Why would the head-fi presence of a manufacturer be the entirety of global PR?

Maybe that's true for some new boutique manufacturers but certainly not for a company like Sennheiser
I think this was The Schraeer's point. A representative being (or not) unavailable for one month is not an excuse for a sadden silence after an eventful show and remarks by costumers.

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #293 of 307
Exactly.
What do I know about how Sennheiser is staffing their PR department?
Nothing.

I only know what is being communicated by them to me - a customer :)

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #294 of 307
I think this was The Schraeer's point. A representative being (or not) unavailable for one month is not an excuse for a sadden silence after an eventful show and remarks by costumers.
It is a valid reason for not answering on head-fi though

Let's not make this Board more Important than it is. For the entirety of the Sennheiser customerbase, head-fi is a very insignificant portion.

I'm sure one would have received answers to inquiries about the show if you contacted Sennheiser support directly

Feb 17, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #295 of 307
It is a valid reason for not answering on head-fi though

Let's not make this Board more Important than it is. For the entirety of the Sennheiser customerbase, head-fi is a very insignificant portion.

I'm sure one would have received answers to inquiries about the show if you contacted Sennheiser support directly
Head-Fi is not insignificant for Sennheiser. They have chosen to be here, to interact with costumers, to ask for feedback creating threads for this purpose, to talk with enthusiasts, to publish their point of view and happily share videos about their work.
Wherever costumers' feedback can be expressed it is a very valuable place not only for Sennheiser but for many manufacturers.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #296 of 307
Head-Fi is not insignificant for Sennheiser. They have chosen to be here, to interact with costumers, to ask for feedback creating threads for this purpose, to talk with enthusiasts, to publish their point of view and happily share videos about their work.
Wherever costumers' feedback can be expressed it is a very valuable place not only for Sennheiser but for many manufacturers.
Sure Sennheiser is interested in our feedback for the future and likes to interact with the community, but one person is enough for them to reap the benefits here.

There is no time criticality, if the person is absent due to illness that has no severe consequences.

In the past decade and apparently near future, Sennheisers main customers are consumers and Pro Audio users, the audiophile niche is of very low importance financially right now and for a long while already.

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #297 of 307
This is now a new PR trend.
Raising the tension among those involved.

I'm sitting here, reading forums and listening to music on Sennheiser HD800s with great pleasure :)
and so I wonder if there can be something else invented in headphones that has not been discovered and may surprise me,
especially in dynamic headphones than my current HD800s??

I don't know what will happen sooner:
I will go deaf
I will die of old age
or the new price will kill me because the prices of TOTL headphones have already passed the Earth's orbit and are close to Mars in space 🛰️🚀🪐

Feb 18, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #298 of 307
I think in 2009 Axell has set the bar so high with the HD800's ringradiator driver unit.. they cant surpass it worthly with a dynamic soundwise. Only tweaking the earpads, cable and a new paint scheme.

That driver is actually hold back as i noticed when taking the filter sheets off them.

After it, in terms of speed and clarity they came on par with even the Yamaha YH5k and Final 8k i wanted to skip to but still surpass them in staging. (Which does not sound artificial anymore)

Sheetless driver, deeper leather pads and silver braided cable still makes the old HD800 endgame for me.
20240218_082613.jpg

Feb 18, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #299 of 307
Aren't you exposing the driver to dust by removing that screen?
Also I tried several pads for HD800, no other than stock for me. Everything else changes FR and deviates from tonality and original tuning too much.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #300 of 307
Aren't you exposing the driver to dust by removing that screen?
Also I tried several pads for HD800, no other than stock for me. Everything else changes FR and deviates from tonality and original tuning too much.
Yup it can come dust on it. But its not a problem as it wont stick on it and is easy to clean if needed with a very soft brush.

The sound benefits by far outweigh it.

I took the frames out and put them on outside.. they fix on their middle cilinders.
Its easy cleaning if ever needed.

20231118_160003.jpg

20231118_183732.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back