Save the date: a Sennheiser CES debut
Jan 9, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #211 of 307
Part of the tws crowd and yea the MTW3 is pretty highly regarded. However the upgrades to the 4 are not much to jump up and down at.

I guess that's the thing with the consumer market. It's easier to upgrade products annually with a new chip or codec as they are always being updated.

Whereas upgrading sound via a new driver or tuning is risky and difficult.

However if they'd go and add Planar, BC or BA to their tws I'd argue there is still plenty of 'sound' changes you could make. But we don't really expect that from the more consumer brands on the market.

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #212 of 307
Geez tough crowd. I feel like reminding people that there are whole threads dedicated to TWS and bluetooth headphones on head-fi. Sorry to disappoint everyone but that is where the market is at these days - and I say that as someone struggling to find a good upgrade to a closed-back that isn't bluetooth and doesn't cost thousands. This is just the reality we live in - audiophile products are niche, and consumer electronics aren't.

Count on someone from Shanghai to tell you IEMs are the future :ksc75smile:

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #213 of 307
I think HP and IEM are like cabriolet vs coupe', two different similar breeds with pros and cons. Meanwhile, TWS and the like are the peugeot 106 of audiophile world, no matter the cost. Not to mention IF you have any thoughts about receivers and senders being jammed into your ear canal....I'm already trying to break off from any phone useage when near my skull.

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #214 of 307
Lol, so true. The irony is that I prefer headphones, hardly use IEMs at all - then I go to Canjam-style shows here and it's all IEMs :cry: At least there's Hifiman and brands like Fiio and Aune getting in on headphones too now.

I'm intrigued about this idea of a HD660 closed back, is that just rumor or something more definite?

Jan 9, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #215 of 307
Announcing new wireless product makes sense for CES and CES was unlikely to be for the successor of the HD800 / HD800S? I would only suspect a new wired product if Jude is released from an embargo to post a first impressions video going by precedent for things like the IE900

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #216 of 307
123Capture.JPG

Although sad, it was very expected that they focus on the wireless market which is probably exponentially more profitable than the niche audiophile market. Weird decision for sure to hype it here though, it should be pretty clear that it only attracts negative response.

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #218 of 307
Announcing new wireless product makes sense for CES and CES was unlikely to be for the successor of the HD800 / HD800S? I would only suspect a new wired product if Jude is released from an embargo to post a first impressions video going by precedent for things like the IE900
it wasnt announced on CES, but one of HE-1 Orpheus' first demo was at CES, and it sure got lots of exposure there with all the mainstream media talking about it.
same with HD820, Sennheiser has that unique spot as having their flagship product actually be in mainstream media people's view (mostly UnboxTherapy and MKBHD's fault years ago) and a hd800s' successor in CES sure would make a big splash. Nobody else have this luxury.

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #219 of 307
Jan 9, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #220 of 307
it wasnt announced on CES, but one of HE-1 Orpheus' first demo was at CES, and it sure got lots of exposure there with all the mainstream media talking about it.
same with HD820, Sennheiser has that unique spot as having their flagship product actually be in mainstream media people's view (mostly UnboxTherapy and MKBHD's fault years ago) and a hd800s' successor in CES sure would make a big splash. Nobody else have this luxury.

Yeah this is correct. My post may have been imprecise, I meant if ever there is a new flagship I - presumptively - assume Jude would have early access, that would be the clue there is something more going on. Not that there is anything wrong with refreshing wireless headphones, technology does not stand still :)

Jan 9, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #221 of 307
At the beginning of the broadcast, they showed us he 1 to drive sales of the announced products. Tradition. We should be partially satisfied because these first few minutes concerned one of the best headphones in the world :p

Perhaps Axel Grell was one of the first to see where the company was heading. The rest of the story is known.

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #222 of 307
There are folks over on the HD_660 S2 thread, that say the S2 is a vast improvement over ALL previous HD6XX's. So, what are you waiting for, go
pick one up!!! I have the HD_660S and think it's great, and due to the lower impedance, runs fine on my Sony DAP. Also, many are saying the Newman
30's (studio headphones) are end game. Meh...

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #223 of 307
What wonders that cost a fortune and can cause dizziness can be found on the wild audiophile market?
Oh, these are three artifacts whose prices are as out of this world as their sound quality.

Starting with the undisputed King of Audiophilia, reigning supreme over the world of sound - Sennheiser HE-1 Orpheus ! :crown:
This majestic entity is like an invention from another dimension, where the sound of raindrops is more refined than life itself.

But beware! Let's not forget about its father, the Sennheiser HE-90 Orpheus 🫅, which, like an ancient patriarch, holds the secrets of the sonic universe.

And what kind of Queen is she?
Well, from distant Japan comes NARUKAMI - AW-KG NARU 👑:japanese_castle: , emanating nobility with every sound that penetrates the heart and soul,
as if it were a member of the imperial family itself.

These three unique audio artifacts pose a shocking challenge to all other headphones, amplifiers and cables.
It's just not a sound!
It's nothing more than the quality of sound that flows through them that makes other devices barely jump in their attempts to come close to their greatness.
The entire world of audiophilia trembles in the face of this omnipotent quality, as if all transducers and diaphragms simultaneously paid homage to this three-stage reign of sound.
Ha! Better hold on tight to your wallets and credit cards, because these wonders can definitely turn your audiophile fantasies into a real burden on your pocket!
Fear, all of you, the wrath of those who dominate the world of sound, who, like sovereign rulers, constantly guard the dignity and power of sound.
Let all statements about them be respectful, because their audiophile empire is second to none.

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #224 of 307
Enjoyin' my rs8
Enjoyin' my lcd5
untold hours passed valuing various sources and file formats
simple as

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #225 of 307
I have a little more insight.....
Even if many are disappointed, we also have to be a little fair to Sonova, the takeover was not so long ago❗
I'm sure Jermo has something in the pipeline and planned 😎

(But they must not take too long, they must become faster and learn to take risks)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back