Save the date: a Sennheiser CES debut
Jan 8, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #166 of 307
I think a few Sennheiser engineers need to pull an "Austrian Audio" on them.
It's called Grell Audio, it's already there

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #167 of 307
They make hearing Aids and wanted to make sure that you need them rather sooner than later :wink:
Cue south park episode about aides vs aids joke

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #169 of 307
Was hoping for HD900... Well i guess its Dca Expanse then.
I would seriously pit the Expanse vs the LCD5. And i'd love to heart a side-by-side with the stealth.

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #172 of 307
Guess they privated the stream vod. Maybe they finally watched it themselves lol. RIP Sennheiser.

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #173 of 307
The video went private.
And just like that - a part of Sennheiser history is erased.

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #174 of 307
This or Fergies rendition of the national anthem. What’s more disappointing?

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #175 of 307
Now a thought crossed my mind.
Perhaps we are being unfair to Sennheiser.

Perhaps Sennheiser is aware that their old dynamic products from the HD6...HD8... series have already reached the TOTL peak.
Maybe in these affordable price ranges (unless the unlimited amount is HE-1) it is not possible to obtain physically from the current raw materials, a technically faithful transmission of music, a more comfortable product, maybe a slightly more modern design - but nothing more.
While waiting for new headphone premieres, what else can really surprise us, what can our brains and ears still hear that we can't hear right now?
Let's be honest, in the case of other manufacturers of full headphones (dynamic, planar), for several years the changes have also been small, cosmetic and certainly not revolutionary.
Are current headphones better than the Sony MDR-R10 (1989)?
Are you just trying to imitate them or equal their quality?

This is just my opinion, do you also feel this way sometimes?

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #177 of 307
Now a thought crossed my mind.
Perhaps we are being unfair to Sennheiser.

Perhaps Sennheiser is aware that their old dynamic products from the HD6...HD8... series have already reached the TOTL peak.
Maybe in these affordable price ranges (unless the unlimited amount is HE-1) it is not possible to obtain physically from the current raw materials, a technically faithful transmission of music, a more comfortable product, maybe a slightly more modern design - but nothing more.
While waiting for new headphone premieres, what else can really surprise us, what can our brains and ears still hear that we can't hear right now?
Let's be honest, in the case of other manufacturers of full headphones (dynamic, planar), for several years the changes have also been small, cosmetic and certainly not revolutionary.
Are current headphones better than the Sony MDR-R10 (1989)?
Are you just trying to imitate them or equal their quality?

This is just my opinion, do you also feel this way sometimes?
That would be true if the HD800 was flagship worthy in 2024. It hasn't been in a while.

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #178 of 307
Don't mean to be a negative neddy but gone are the days of an HD800S successor. With Grell being gone they seem to have zero interest in the full size Audiophile lineup.

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #179 of 307

Users who are viewing this thread

Back