Sanza Clip+, Sanza Fuze, Cowon J3, Cowon S9 - Which has better output?
Jul 30, 2011 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Audio WannaBe

100+ Head-Fier
  Hey fellow Head-fiers, I was looking around for a DAP and saw the Hifiman HM-602, and it looked spectacular, but i'm still a audio-newbie and that's way out of my budget. For now. So, i narrowed it down to these four - Sanza Clip+, Sanza Fuze, Cowon J3, Cowon S9. I was wondering if you guys could tell me which one has a better output. Thank you all so much!

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 17
I guess it's because amazon.com is limiting shipping to USA & Canada? I can't order anything on Amazon.com from Belgium (but we have .co.uk at least, no idea for Singapore).

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 17

Quote:
Oh, okay. Thanks! One more thing, does anyone know why amazon does not send ANYTHING to my address? It says it can't be sent to my address.....

It's a mystery.....sometimes items I buy there will ship to my address, sometimes not. But usually, you can choose one of the other sellers and that seller will ship. You just need to be careful of which other sellers you choose.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
  Hey fellow Head-fiers, I was looking around for a DAP and saw the Hifiman HM-602, and it looked spectacular, but i'm still a audio-newbie and that's way out of my budget. For now. So, i narrowed it down to these four - Sanza Clip+, Sanza Fuze, Cowon J3, Cowon S9. I was wondering if you guys could tell me which one has a better output. Thank you all so much!

Start with a neutral source like the sansa clip which you can get for around 30 bucks if you know where to look. Don't bother with anything else unless you want to watch videos/etc, in which case I'm damned sure you have an ipod or laptop. Skip right over the cowons and when you need to upgrade go with a vintage player.

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
I guess it's because amazon.com is limiting shipping to USA & Canada? I can't order anything on Amazon.com from Belgium (but we have .co.uk at least, no idea for Singapore).

Hmm.... Same issue we have here. Haha. Thanks for the info anyways!

Quote:
It's a mystery.....sometimes items I buy there will ship to my address, sometimes not. But usually, you can choose one of the other sellers and that seller will ship. You just need to be careful of which other sellers you choose.

But of all the things i tried to checkout, nothing could get through. However, there is one exception - the monster turbine pro    coppers are the only thing that is able to be sent to my house. Of course i didn't buy it. It's quite expensive. Anyway, are they that good?

Quote:
Use 3 party forwarder like vpost?

So how do you opt for vpost on amazon? Or is that another website? Also, are they reliable? Thanks!!

Quote:
Start with a neutral source like the sansa clip which you can get for around 30 bucks if you know where to look. Don't bother with anything else unless you want to watch videos/etc, in which case I'm damned sure you have an ipod or laptop. Skip right over the cowons and when you need to upgrade go with a vintage player.

What do you mean by vintage players?  Discman? Anyway, thanks for your advice/reply! Thank you so much! Now i know what to buy!

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #11 of 17
location - Singapore and you do not know SouthBridgeRd.?Fumiyama is Cowon distributor,better go to dealer:AudioWorld in SimLimSquare 2nd floor;
you may also pay visit to Jaben in AdelphiCourt(1 ColemanStr.4th Floor) - they do not have Cowon,but they are friendly with HissAudio ,you can try their Hifiman;
they can give you friendly advice,may be you will like Hippo?
To get stuff from Amazon, you can use proxy called:Borderlinx not only vpost..

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
location - Singapore and you do not know SouthBridgeRd.?Fumiyama is Cowon distributor,better go to dealer:AudioWorld in SimLimSquare 2nd floor;
you may also pay visit to Jaben in AdelphiCourt(1 ColemanStr.4th Floor) - they do not have Cowon,but they are friendly with HissAudio ,you can try their Hifiman;
they can give you friendly advice,may be you will like Hippo?
To get stuff from Amazon, you can use proxy called:Borderlinx not only vpost..

Thanks sashava, I have really wanted to go to Jaben, but don't have the time now, and maybe till mid-November. I have tried my friend's hippobox but i didn't really feel any difference... Maybe i should have listened to it longer. So how do i use the proxy thingy or apply to use vpost? Thanks again!

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #13 of 17
I think with "vintage" Sil3nce means an older discontinued MP3 player that you can sometimes find used for a low price. If you do not have any problems with bigger MP3 players, Singapore's Creative used to make great MP3 players. Zen Vision:M was their last great player. After that their players have unfortunately become worse when it comes to SQ. The Vision:M and everything before it is worth checking out.

Older hard disk players from Cown (X5), iRiver (H120 & 140), Sony (HD3 & 5) and Kenwood (HD10GB7, HD20GA7, HD30GB9 etc) can definitely be compared to newer DAP's when it comes to sound. If you do not mind the DAP's being a bit bigger than modern ones and not having as good features (games, video etc), I'd say that older models still have a lot to offer. The older models are better in one way - they are much easier to modify - i.e. you can change HDD or battery without needing to solder anything.

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #14 of 17
How to use proxy to get stuff from another market?There are many of them.Vpost and borderlinx I know,but there are others.I think for you - vpost is possible;I used borderlinx,go to their website,you can open account with them only if you have credit card with CitiBank Singapore,then it is very simple and efficient.They will give you proxy address and tel.number in US and UK.This address you will use to buy from amazon,borderlinx will forward it for you,for a fee,fast.But it will  cost you.They do not want any deposit.
Mp3 players and pmp are small items,so extra cost is not so much,they will let you know the shipping charges before you decide about purchase.You can read about it in www.hardwarezone.co.sg.
Cowons you can buy easy in HongKong if you go there sometime.About the same price as US.I can advice you - where to  find dealers there.In Singapore - try WorldAudio in SimLimSquare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back