SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
May 2, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #676 of 1,093
After 4 months with my clip+ I am ready and will rockbox it tonight. mostly to improve battery life and reduce updating times, (8gb internal+16gb card). will let you know how it went.

think ill go with the lastest stable version and do a manual installation, any advice?

May 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #677 of 1,093
Rockboxing my clip + was probably the best decision I have ever made, just for the crossfade option alone. Need to start learning about eq's properly though, so I can get the best potential sound to my liking.

What are your opinions on the eq presets?

May 14, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #679 of 1,093
i had a first gen 8gb clip, accidentally put it through the wash two days before i went on an overseas trip. dried it out as best as i could but it still wasn't turning on. i quickly ordered a clip+ to be delivered at my destination so that it would be there when i arrived and made do with my old nano for the plane trip over.

the clip+ was waiting patiently for me when i arrived, i immediately rockbox'd that sucka and copied all the music from my ipod onto it. works like a charm.

lo and behold, upon returning home, i plugged my old first gen into the USB power, and up she boots, good as new. 

clip 4 lyfe.

May 14, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #680 of 1,093

Quote:
i had a first gen 8gb clip, accidentally put it through the wash two days before i went on an overseas trip. dried it out as best as i could but it still wasn't turning on. i quickly ordered a clip+ to be delivered at my destination so that it would be there when i arrived and made do with my old nano for the plane trip over.

the clip+ was waiting patiently for me when i arrived, i immediately rockbox'd that sucka and copied all the music from my ipod onto it. works like a charm.

lo and behold, upon returning home, i plugged my old first gen into the USB power, and up she boots, good as new. 

clip 4 lyfe.

I genuinely lol'd at this.  Have to admit I've never washed mine and don't really want to.  :D

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #682 of 1,093
i have a question; i'm thinking about getting a 16gb microSD card to load flac albums for my clip.

just curious how the file structure works when you add a microSD card to the mix...does rockbox automatically create the directory trees it can recognise? will it automatically add ANY music files it finds on the SD card to the database? or do they have to be in a specific MUSIC directory? also can i sync files to the SD card, rather than the internal memory, when i plug in the clip with the SD card inside? or do i need to remove the SD card itself to put music on it?

hope that wasn't too confusing.

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #684 of 1,093
Haven't long purchased the clip+, but rockboxed it straight up as my intentions was to use some extra feats.
Noticed I need to manually update my /MUSIC folder else new files won't appear in there, and have to see these via the Database menu. I'm sure there's a way to auto sync it and what not, just haven't had time to look around yet.

Only thing that's annoying me at the moment is the seriously slow file transfer to internal memory, which is no greater than 4MB/s, will be getting a microsdhc card soon however, but is that speed normal for you guys???

cheers

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #686 of 1,093
I've been using my Clip+ for the past week and I've been thinking about getting an amp to power my UM3X. They're already very sensitive and I don't know if I would even be gaining anything from it. What do you guys think? The amps I've been thinking about were the Fiio E11 and the PA2V2

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #687 of 1,093
I've been wondering this too. If it doesn't merge into the database, then it would be VERY annoying to have to switch between microSD and internal memory.

Quote:
i have a question; i'm thinking about getting a 16gb microSD card to load flac albums for my clip.

just curious how the file structure works when you add a microSD card to the mix...does rockbox automatically create the directory trees it can recognise? will it automatically add ANY music files it finds on the SD card to the database? or do they have to be in a specific MUSIC directory? also can i sync files to the SD card, rather than the internal memory, when i plug in the clip with the SD card inside? or do i need to remove the SD card itself to put music on it?

That's great to know. Would you be able to find the microSD songs in the Database of the Clip+ with all the songs saved on the internal memory?

Quote:
You just turn off the Clip, insert your card, then turn on.
biggrin.gif

In rockbox, its automatically create a new folder called "microSD1", you can find it at the top of directory.

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #688 of 1,093
Quote:

Quote:
I've been wondering this too. If it doesn't merge into the database, then it would be VERY annoying to have to switch between microSD and internal memory.

Rockbox places all music files, wherever they are, into the same database. This happens more or less automatically - according to the settings it is supposed to be entirely automatic, but I have found Rockbox to be a bit haphazard in its decisions when to update its database, so often I reboot it until it finally gets to work. In the end all songs show up, though.

Removing the card is not necessary. When plugged into a computer, the Clip itself and the card will be treated as two distinct external drives.

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #689 of 1,093

Quote:
I've been using my Clip+ for the past week and I've been thinking about getting an amp to power my UM3X. They're already very sensitive and I don't know if I would even be gaining anything from it. What do you guys think? The amps I've been thinking about were the Fiio E11 and the PA2V2

Why on earth do you think the Clip+ needs an amp to power the UM3x?

Jul 25, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #690 of 1,093
Finally sorted out my syncing problems after going through the settings, wooo!
File transfer is still slow as though, so will have to stick to single folder transfers for now.

Clip+ rockboxed seems to power my hd25-1 ii fine, surprising how much power it has for such a small device, though booting up standard firmware it's way too quiet so glad it's been modded
regular_smile%20.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back