SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #1,081 of 1,093
Would formatting it help?

Anything would help. I really like this player. If you have a link or info how to do it I'd be most grateful. Hopefully I can get it to turn on again.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #1,082 of 1,093
Plug into your computer, boot into SanDisk firmware by holding down the left rewind/back button if you can. On Windows under MY PC or my computer, identify your device unpluging uneeded devices will help. Right click on it, -> format FAT32 default allocation size
I'm no expert

YouTube is a friend

Don't format your hard drive :joy:

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #1,083 of 1,093
I'm also curious what build of rockbox you're running?  If you can get a stable USB connection you could try to format and then copy over a new build of rockbox.  Formatting should be relatively safe, but I would not risk flashing the firmware itself in this state.  Any glitch during a flash of the sandisk firmware bricks the player.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,084 of 1,093
HOORAH! Finally connected to the PC! What should I do? It's 3.3 Rockbox.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #1,085 of 1,093
Gonna try the firmware update http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Sansa-Clip/Sansa-Clip-Firmware-Update-01-02-16/td-p/150227
Wish me luck. :)

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #1,087 of 1,093
I haven't used my Clip+ in ages. I've tried charging it with 2 different cables, both via a charger and computer, for hours and hours. The player's folder appears in my computer but the player just won't turn on. Is it dead?

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #1,088 of 1,093
Updated the firmware to stock. It worked fine than started freezing up. Reset it and again it refuses to turn on again. Darn it. Looks to be a hard drive issue I think. Unless it's another issue. Is the sports clip as good as the clip+ just wondering which come close to the SQ in the SanDisk catalog and can be Rockboxed. I see there are other companies with clip+ like with Bluetooth are those good alternatives?

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #1,089 of 1,093
I haven't used my Clip+ in ages. I've tried charging it with 2 different cables, both via a charger and computer, for hours and hours. The player's folder appears in my computer but the player just won't turn on. Is it dead?

Have you tried a reset?

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,091 of 1,093

Yeah, I hear it disconnecting and connecting from my computer so I guess the soft reset worked, but the screen stays black

I wonder if you've got the backlight switched off.

If you can mount the device, try deleting/ renaming /.rockbox/config.cfg.

Alternatively, try shining a torch/ flashlight on the LCD.

Edit: Sorry, reading back through the entries, I see you've restored the OF.

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #1,092 of 1,093
Yeah, I hear it disconnecting and connecting from my computer so I guess the soft reset worked, but the screen stays black

Maybe use the firmware to update back to SanDisk software and see if the screen turns on. If not the screen is damaged. I posted the firmware link a couple of post ago.

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #1,093 of 1,093
Sorry to dust of an old topic but this seems relevant.

Got a Fiio X1 yesterday as replacement for my clip+. Listened to an M3 earlier and found it sounded not that much better than the Clip.

The Fiio has more detail, a bigger soundstage and sounds warmer and more musical. However when you compare the two it's still impressive how well the Clip+ performs. Yes it's all a bit less and there's a difference but the Clip+ still sounds pretty good.
Of course the X1 is a huge player compared to the Clip and that's also a factor.

I'm not selling the Clip but I am going to enjoy the X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back