Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
Apr 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #91 of 368
How to make my Clip+ sound good?  (I haven't rockboxed it yet.)
I'm using it with the Philips SHE 3590. (I've tried my HD 595, but it was too much for the Clip+.)
I guess that the Clip+ needs quite a bit of burn in?
What do you think? How long did it take for your Clip+ or Zip to sound good?

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #92 of 368
I'm looking at either the Clip+ or Clip Zip, as my beloved Creative Zen Neeons mini Hard drive is having format issues and the clicking noises were becoming more frequent.  

The Neeon is 8 yrs old and is used several hours each day and the battery still holds what I consider to be its original charge.  If only all batteries fared as well.

Re the Sansa Clips and using Playlists.  I have radio shows that I subscribe to on MP3, and keep each Shows 4 x 1 hour MP3 files in a named separate folder on my PC.   Can I just drag each Folder (each containing 4 MP3s)  into the Sansa Clips Playlist via USB using a File Manager program ?   (which what I could do on the Zen Neeon).

Do the  Clip+  and  Clip Zip  differ in any way with regard to playing Folders?

Will I have to do anything else for the tracks to play?  (yes I know to press the play button). 
Cheers.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #93 of 368
Quote:
How to make my Clip+ sound good?  (I haven't rockboxed it yet.)
I'm using it with the Philips SHE 3590. (I've tried my HD 595, but it was too much for the Clip+.)
I guess that the Clip+ needs quite a bit of burn in?
What do you think? How long did it take for your Clip+ or Zip to sound good?

My Clip+ sounded good right out of the package, I rockboxed it before any music went on it and I didn't listen to anything with the Sansa Firmware.
Feed the Clip+ through your O2 for the 595's

Players of any kind do NOT need a "Burn In", nothing changes in the sound output by having it do what it was designed to do... Play Music...

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #94 of 368
I must say the Clip + pairs BEAUTIFULLY with the Amperiors! I think I prefer it over the Vmoda M80s I own (coupled with the same player).

May 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #95 of 368
Quote:
My Clip+ sounded good right out of the package, I rockboxed it before any music went on it and I didn't listen to anything with the Sansa Firmware.
Feed the Clip+ through your O2 for the 595's

Players of any kind do NOT need a "Burn In", nothing changes in the sound output by having it do what it was designed to do... Play Music...

Thanx a lot.

Guess what. Since the Clip+ has been  my first DAP I was not sure how deeply I should insert the  Sennheiser HD 595s plug into the headphone jack of my Clip+.
I was afraid to crash it. Finally, I inserted it until it locked/clicked and the Clip+ sounds good now.
I have also used the O2 (double amping) & DT 880s (250 Ohm) and the sound is much better now.

I've got one practical question.
Can  I charge the battery of my Clip+ , when say, it's 50% full
or should I wait until the Clip+ itself shut istelf down.
In other words, is it OK to top the battery when is not fully drained?

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #99 of 368
Hi, can anybody tell m  if Clip+ can be used with a Usb DAC , HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC? If if it can what adaptor shall I use.
Thanks.
The Clip+ has no Host functionality so no USB devices will work from it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #101 of 368
hi,

When using the Sansa clip...playing music from Sdcard will this adversely eefect the quality of music playback.
Also I like to listen to browse different songs. Will this be affected?

I am thinking of buying either a 4gb or a 8gb player. big price difference. And with a 8gb/16gb sd lying around,,,will be using teh sd card anyway.

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #105 of 368
Quote:
how bad is it compared to iapples nano? how many hours of continous playback.

With Rockbox, around 15 hours, maybe a little more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back