Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
Feb 9, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #361 of 368
  I am using the 2007 version now, it forgets its place in Audio books, so I have to remember and often rehear stuff.

Bummer.

Is your Clip+ Rockboxed?

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #363 of 368
Guys, how does LG G2 compares to these sansa players soundwise? I'm expecting HD 25-1 II and I don't have a lot of storage left on G2. I would appreciate some insights.

Sansa Clip+/Clip Zip series don't have enough power to do a good job of driving Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. I have actually tried this combo, and also Sennheiser HD 25-1 II with my iRiver H140 which outputs several times more power than the Clips and that struggled too. HD 25-1 II need a more powerful source than a typical pocket size player or smartphone can offer. A better match for smartphones and small players is the Sennheiser Amperior or one of the Momentum series - they work really well in this context. If you want to use HD 25-1 II with these types of devices you will need an amp to really enjoy them. I would not bother amping a Clip. I don't know the LG phone but if it has a USB line out dock then it makes more sense. If you get Momentums they have a detachable cable and you can buy aftermarket cables with Android volume and mic controls.

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #364 of 368

Thanks, but I've already payed and ordered HD 25. Besides, Momentums On-Ear are too bassy for my taste.

Watching youtube videos and reading head fi posts I am expecting good sound from my LG G2. I am aware of the fact that amp would bring even more juice out of them.

I plan to buy Fiio E11K or FiioX1 (if they are sufficient) in the future, but for now I am looking for a cheap portable mp3 player with equivalent sound quality.

Apr 3, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #365 of 368
If you rockbox the clip and/or select rest of the world or us for firmware you should be ok.  If you don't mind carrying an amp then the clip plus/topping nx1/hd25 make an excellent combo.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #366 of 368
  If you rockbox the clip and/or select rest of the world or us for firmware you should be ok.  If you don't mind carrying an amp then the clip plus/topping nx1/hd25 make an excellent combo.

Thanks, will look into it. Can topping nx1 be used while connected to a laptop? Maybe I should even opt out for the nx2 for better performance with my macbook air...

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #368 of 368
Hi everyone,

sorry for my english :)

i'm looking for another mp3 reader because my sansa clip+ is dead.
I used to run with it so i'm looking for a small mp3 reader with good sound. the back of the sansa clip is good to hold it to the clothes when i run. and the sound was good.
I looked at the other sansa because it seems sansa doesn't product any clip anymore. it seems people use to advice the sansa clip zip instead of the jam or fuz...

what do you think?

any advice for me? a zip with rockbox in?

thanks in advance
genesian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back