Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
May 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #346 of 368
It's there at the very right, in the emoticon bar, above the text field.
Regardless, you're welcome :wink:

Not on iPad it isn't. I hardly ever use a desktop other than as a jukebox.

May 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #347 of 368
The weak point on the clip/zip seems to be the jack. (I've two with iffy jacks). I was thinking using a short 3.5mm extension would help prevent problems with the jack.

My new Zip has a very stiff jack. Takes considerable pressure to remove the earphones. Bit apprehensive about it. 

May 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #348 of 368
My new Clip+ is very stiff too. I'm going to try to find a cable with a good 90deg 3.5mm and straight same at the other end.

May 4, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #349 of 368
I recently got a zip during the $20 sale at bestbuy and amazon. For some reason the zip chokes on files that the clip+ didn't (same microsd card). Both in original firmware and rockbox. Any ideas? Perhaps it's faulty? It doesn't happen consistently with the same file but randomly just hangs. I have to force it off.

May 21, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #350 of 368
Will get my Zip Clip in about two weeks time.....need help as I am an noob in techie stuff.

Everybody seems to br talking about Rockbox ? Is it easy to install and operate it ? I get bad dreams when my pc pop outs window message that says click help ...which even confuses me more.

Any disadavantages in installing Rockbox ? Read the rockbox manual ...yikes two type of installation ....

Any helps or suggestions or reading material or installation guide especially with picture would be appreciated?

May 21, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #351 of 368
Rockbox isn't hard to install if you follow the instructions, just make sure to have a firmware update at hand (from the sansa website), as you'll likely be asked for it. I'm not sure I've noticed much of a sonic improvement with Rockbox (my memory of sounds isn't very good), but there's a lot to be gained by it nonetheless : better battery use, quick database access, sophisticated EQ, crossfeed, and probably a bunch of other nifty features I'm forgetting.
I've never found faults with it.
The stock firmware drove me crazy (10 minutes to update the database ? No thank you, Rockbox does it in a second), I'd never dream of going back to it.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #352 of 368
This may seem like a strange question.  I just installed Rockbox to my Clip Zip and wow what a difference.  My question is -- how do I turn off my Clip Zip now that Rockbox is installed?  I set the idle time to 1 minute and hoped that would do it, but it doesn't shut it down; only blanks the screen.  The power button doesn't seem to do anything anymore.  As much as I enjoy RB installed, having to charge my Clip Zip daily seems a bit silly.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #353 of 368
On my Clip+ I hold the power button for a couple of seconds. Yours might be the same.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #354 of 368
It should just turn off holding the power switch for a few seconds like normal. Try holding the power button for over 10 seconds until It force shut down to reset the player.

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #355 of 368
Thanks for the responses guys.  That doesn't seem to be working right now.. maybe something went wrong with the RB installation?  It did take me several tries (manual and automatic) to get the installation to work in the first place.  Maybe I did something wrong. 

I'll try reinstalling it again tonight.

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #356 of 368
I don't have my Clip+ to hand at the moment but isn't there an option in the settings allowing the user to define what the power button does? I could be wrong.

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #357 of 368
The button assignments are fixed, so assuming its a standard build, power is shut down.  I don't see how reinstalling will fix anything.  It just checks the buttons, and if power is held down for a second or two, it shuts down.  If that doesn't work, something is probably screwy with the button itself.

Sep 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #359 of 368
Hello I thought I'd post my observations on the Sansa Clip.

Conclusion First: I really like the Sansa Clip, it beats the iPod hands down, its cheap, easy to use, has a radio and will record. Its great!!! I have owned five of these things now. I just hope Sansa doesn't decide to screw it up more like they did with the Sport.

Discussion:
I am unsure of the model's I've had. So I'll just tell you what they looked like.

I worked in a noisy computer lab and wanted something to drown out the fans, so I went to best buy and bought a 4GB Sansa Clip. It was great. I even used it on the motorcycle to listen to the radio. I never installed Rock box, since 1. The down loader didn't work on my computer just to upgrade the Sansa firm ware to the latest and greatest. I've taken to listening to books most of the time which I download from https://librivox.org/, its all free but old. and 2. I didn't want a small plastic brick, I wanted a music player.

I was done for, the first one I bought simply quit working, but I never read the manual so I didn't know about Resetting (hold the power button down for 20 seconds) the thing until I bought the second one, and it quit after about a month. With last one I had, I could hear a click, when it reset, so I'd just wait for the click.

DISLIKES:

Some of the MP3's I listen to will cause it require a reset multiple times in a day.

I dislike having to reset this thing all the time.

I dislike when It spontaneously decides to "discover my media" even when I haven't added more songs or another memory chip.

I dislike that sometimes when it sorts chapters on books they appear in the menu scrambled.

The dynamic range for the recorder is insufficient for recording school concerts. It works fine in the middle but distorts really loud, while losing really soft music.

I don't need the extra screen size of the Clip+ since I usually don't look at it except when I am choosing a chapter of a book or radio station.

The mode changing button wore out on the second clip after about a year, so it's stuck on Radio now, and I've lost it :frowning2:

I bought another clip when that happened and then I wore it in the rain, even though I dried it out in an oven at 190 degrees F for two hours. It worked for only a few days then became extremely flukey. Won't even reset now.

I bought a Sansa clip sport, didn't like it. The reset button is gone!!! it doesn't record. Not a good version in my humble opinion.

I like that it is small and clips to any thing handy.

I like the original Sansa Clip 4GB since its the smallest physically.

I like that it will take a 16GB memory chip, I know it will take bigger, but it took me a long time to fill 16GB up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back