Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
Jun 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #107 of 368
Considering how cheap and how small it is, you could always carry two of them for more battery life.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #108 of 368
I have never had a Clip+ or ClipZip battery run down on me before I got home (or somewhere else i could charge it.) 

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #109 of 368
As long as it's fully charged the night before a plus would last me the 8 hour working day easily.

Cheers

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #110 of 368
I'm charging my Sansa Clip+ using an external AC (wall)  rapid USB 2.1 A charger.
I guess it takes under 2 hours to fully charge the Clip+.
Much faster than using my Toshiba Satellite's USB 0.5 A charging port.

How do you charge your Clip+ or Clip Zip or Fuze+, ...?

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #111 of 368
Quote:
I'm charging my Sansa Clip+ using an external AC (wall)  rapid USB 2.1 A charger.

I have several different wall USB chargers, of different power outputs, in addition to all the USB ports on my PC. So I can literally have all of my DAPs charging at the same time if I am home....lol.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #112 of 368
The slowest way to charge the Clip+ is using a pc with the player using the original firmware. It might take up to 3 hours. With the original firmware and an AC usb charger at least 500ma it will charge in less than 2 hours. With Rockbox booted though, even charging via pc seems to take less than an hour(if you hold down a button while connecting it so there is no data connection, and you don't play the player while charging. Playing it while charging will increase the charge time somewhat).

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #113 of 368
Quote:

Works great!

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #114 of 368
If you Rockbox your player it will charge much faster when booted into Rockbox. I was surprised at how fast charging is with Rockbox. Don't Rockbox the player just for fast charging though, and don't Rockbox the player if you need to play protected files(like Audible, Overdrive, etc.). I was resistant to using Rockbox for a long time, but now I am a Rockbox enthusiast!

Rockbox provides a great equalizer, and so many features including crossfeed and crossfade. It also give play speed and pitch control. Playlists can be made easily on the player using Rockbox. One can have many more songs in the song database using Rockbox. With Rockbox one can play music while charging via pc, they just need to hold down a player button while connecting to avoid a data connection.

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #115 of 368
Quote:
If you Rockbox your player it will charge much faster when booted into Rockbox. I was surprised at how fast charging is with Rockbox. Don't Rockbox the player just for fast charging though, and don't Rockbox the player if you need to play protected files(like Audible, Overdrive, etc.). I was resistant to using Rockbox for a long time, but now I am a Rockbox enthusiast!

Rockbox provides a great equalizer, and so many features including crossfeed and crossfade. It also give play speed and pitch control. Playlists can be made easily on the player using Rockbox. One can have many more songs in the song database using Rockbox. With Rockbox one can play music while charging via pc, they just need to hold down a player button while connecting to avoid a data connection.

I haven't Rockboxed my Sansa Clip+ yet.
One cannot play music when charging via the computer's USB port
but as you pointed out one can play music  with Rockboxed Clip+.
Just out of curiosity, what button are you talking about?

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #116 of 368
Any button. You can download the Rockbox manual from rockbox.org. read it first before installing Rockbox. Even without Rockbox though you can play the player while charging from your pc if you use a power only usb cable.

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #117 of 368
Quote:
Any button. You can download the Rockbox manual from rockbox.org. read it first before installing Rockbox. Even without Rockbox though you can play the player while charging from your pc if you use a power only usb cable.

OK, thanx.  A power only usb cable will do the trick.

(So, I guess there must be a data only usb cable, as well.)

Jul 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #118 of 368
There are no data only cables, just data and power or just power.

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #119 of 368
Hello, folks. A couple of questions :

I need to send a faulty Clip Plus back to Amazon, as the headphone jack is on the fritz (fairly common problem, I take it). Do I need to uninstall Rockbox ? Will Amazon care ?

And, closer to topic, is the Clip Zip liable to run into this headphone jack issue ?

Thanks.

On a side note, Rockbox is also great in that it makes SD loading times near-instantaneous. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #120 of 368
Try using a headphone with a right angle plug. It puts much less stress on the player's headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back