Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
Jan 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #46 of 368
Quote:
The best post!
The key sentence: The Clip+ is a true legend, ....

I am ordering the Clip+ tomorrow,  rain or shine,
but of course voting for: Clip+

AFAIK, Clip+ and Zip have the same hardware, except the screen. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #47 of 368
ok.... i decided that i won't even open my amazon package and send those 2 clip+ straight back to Amazon. Reviews of Amazon.com, Amazon.uk and Amazon.de paint a terrible picture of this mp3-player. seems to be very unreliable and pure lottery if it works and how long.

i'll take the cowon iaudio i9 instead.

Jan 31, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #48 of 368
Quote:
ok.... i decided that i won't even open my amazon package and send those 2 clip+ straight back to Amazon. Reviews of Amazon.com, Amazon.uk and Amazon.de paint a terrible picture of this mp3-player. seems to be very unreliable and pure lottery if it works and how long.

Enjoy the UI of the iaudio 9! It's a nice sounding player but the menus are far from intuitive.

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #49 of 368
honestly, thats also what a lot of comments and reviews say about the sansa... i guess the only mp3-player that gets praised for its UI is the iPod, and i think that one is unusable as hell.

i don't know... i'm not a noob, so i guess this thing can't throw anything at me that makes flipping around between 10 titles a chore.

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #50 of 368
Quote:
honestly, thats also what people say about the sansa... i guess the only mp3-player that gets praised for its UI is the iPod, and i think that one is unusable as hell.

Well, Amazon reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, to be honest.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #52 of 368

Hi, Guess what, I've opened my box from amazon.com and the 4GB Sansa Clip+ has been fine. As a matter of fact, it's working right now. Still learning things... There's only one problem. In the same package, the 32 GB SanDisk microSDHC has arrived as well. I've inserted it into the Clip+'s port. I don't know whether I should push it harder because Windows 7 does not see it. It only sees the 4GB Sansa Clip's internal memory. Any suggestions?

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #53 of 368
Quote:

Hi,Guess what, I've opened my box from amazon.com and the 4GB Sansa Clip+ has been fine.As a matter of fact, it's working right now. Still learning things... There's only one problem. In the same package, the 32 GB SanDisk microSDHC has arrived as well.I've inserted it into the Clip+'s port. I don't know whether I should push it harder because Windows 7 does not see it. It only sees the 4GB Sansa Clip's internal memory.Any suggestions?

probably a format issue. put the sdhc card in a regular sd adapter (your card should have come with one), put it in the sd slot on your computer (or external card reader, if your computer does not have one) and open the folder labeled computer. underneath the drives on your computer there should be another that says something like removable disc, memory card or something like that. check it's contents to make sure it's the right one (reformatting will erase everything on it) then right click the drive, click on format, and make sure it's on FAT32. it should work after that. not sure about the sansa players, but some players like you to put audio in a folder called "music".

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #54 of 368
Hi,Guess what, I've opened my box from amazon.com and the 4GB Sansa Clip+ has been fine.As a matter of fact, it's working right now. Still learning things... There's only one problem. In the same package, the 32 GB SanDisk microSDHC has arrived as well.I've inserted it into the Clip+'s port. I don't know whether I should push it harder because Windows 7 does not see it. It only sees the 4GB Sansa Clip's internal memory.Any suggestions?

32 gb or 64 gb supported but you must firstly reformat as fat32...

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #55 of 368
Quote:
Clip+ you can Rockbox, Zip you'll have album art (Rockbox being worked on).  Get a Fuze (best of both worlds)...I love all three...

The Fuze you show a picture of is the old version; people seem to hate the new trackpad based one.

Also, I think the Clip+ possibly has a slightly improved amp over the original Clip and Fuze, which it shares with the Zip???

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #57 of 368
Quote:
32 gb or 64 gb supported but you must firstly reformat as fat32...

Quote:

probably a format issue. put the sdhc card in a regular sd adapter (your card should have come with one), put it in the sd slot on your computer (or external card reader, if your computer does not have one) and open the folder labeled computer. underneath the drives on your computer there should be another that says something like removable disc, memory card or something like that. check it's contents to make sure it's the right one (reformatting will erase everything on it) then right click the drive, click on format, and make sure it's on FAT32. it should work after that. not sure about the sansa players, but some players like you to put audio in a folder called "music".

Thanx a lot to both of You.

I've bought an 8 GB Sandisk Ultra microSDHC Class 10 with an Adapter for $13 (on sale) in Best Buy.
(My 32 GB Sandisk  microSDHC from amazon.com did not come with any adapter.)
I know that I don't need an 'Ultra Class 10' card the Clip+,  but it was on sale and with a Sandisk  adapter.
Well, I think that data transfer will be faster with the Class 10 card?!

The card reader in my laptop does not supprt the microSDHC format,
but obviously it supports the SDHC format, etc.
I've seen  USB card readers which support 58 formats, including the microSDHC format.
I think that I'll buy a card reader  ($10) made by Sandisk  which supports the microSDHC format, just for the heck of it.

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #58 of 368
Thanx a lot to both of You.

I've bought an 8 GB Sandisk Ultra microSDHC Class 10 with an Adapter for $13 (on sale) in Best Buy.
(My 32 GB Sandisk  microSDHC from amazon.com did not come with any adapter.)

You are welcome.
I do not understand why do you need new adapter.
You can use adapter that came with 8 gb sandisk to 32 gb sandisk.

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #59 of 368
People, I want to know if Clip Zip can support MTP playlists syncing from either Media Go or Windows Media Player. I got the Media Go from my Sony E463 and has been using it as my primary media player software. It syncs well with my Sony players, but I'd like to know if the Clip Zip can support it too.

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #60 of 368
Quote:
You are welcome.
I do not understand why do you need new adapter.
You can use adapter that came with 8 gb sandisk to 32 gb sandisk.

... because my    Sandisk microSDHC card sold and shipped by amazon.com did not come with any adapter.

P.S.
I've seen Sandisk microSDHC cards bundled with adapters but there have been  so many fakes   on the Internet
that I preferred to buy directly from  amazon.com (although it  came without an adapter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back