Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
Oct 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #31 of 368
Quote:
That's your Sansa addiction kicking in again.

Well, I am trading away my Galaxy 5.0, and I need to use less of my phone's battery for music so I can use it more for games and email and occasionally even as a phone....lol. And I am certainly not going to carry around my tablet as a music source.
wink_face.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #32 of 368
Quote:
I decided not to get it and to buy spare Clip+ players instead.

where did you buy your clip+s? mine has just died so i need to replace it or get a zip. i used to be able to get them for $50 on ebay inc. postage to australia (unfortunately this is the second one i've had to replace) but it seems the price has jumped.

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #33 of 368
Nov 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #34 of 368
I used to have a clip+ and it's a very tiny, lovely player. The only problem is the short playing time, you have to recharge it at least every two days or even everyday. But the tf card slot is much more useful than any apple player.

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #36 of 368
Quote:
The Clip+ is a true legend, proven time and time again from anyone to new comers, veteran audiophiles, music lovers around the world, and I doubt will there be a player quite like it for sometime. It's just something that went very very right for Sansa. Clip Zip has not enough time or interest compared.

Currently I owned Sansa Fuze Classic (with click wheel).
I would like to know if there is any significant sound different between Sansa Fuze Classic & Sansa Clip + ?

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #37 of 368
Quote:
Currently I owned Sansa Fuze Classic (with click wheel).
I would like to know if there is any significant sound different between Sansa Fuze Classic & Sansa Clip + ?

No, they sound the same.

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #39 of 368
Quote:

I don't even remember how they compare in that regard. I haven't used the Sansa firmware on my Clip Zip since last December (it may have even been November) and my last Clip+ was already gone by then. However, even if one was to assume that this was correct, it is rendered irrelevant by the alphabet browsing of the Clip Zip....so you can jump right away to any letter of the alphabet rather than have to scroll all the way through.

And of course the elapsed time thing is easily cured with Rockbox.
cool.gif

How do you choose a particular letter to home in on with the original firmware? The first letter appears for me when scrolling down lists but I don't know how to access particular letters of the alphabet. Someone, help please! 

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #40 of 368
Quote:
How do you choose a particular letter to home in on with the original firmware? The first letter appears for me when scrolling down lists but I don't know how to access particular letters of the alphabet. Someone, help please! 

From my review on another forum....

Another new addition is alphabet browsing. If one scrolls through a music list, be it artist, album, or song, then the first letter appears on the screen, to show you how far you have scrolled through your list. Nice, yes? Well, it gets better. Double-tap the center button, and the letter or number comes up and you can short-cut through the library without having to scroll all the way through it. 

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #41 of 368
Jan 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #42 of 368
Jan 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #43 of 368
Hey guys... i hope someone reads the thread.

I just ordered two Sansa Clip+ as a present for a friend of mine who just starts a career as a singer. she needs a portable player with good sound quality for playback music. i wanted to give her the Sansa as a starting gift because there isn't much budget right now and playing from CD is too insecure.

But now i'm worried. I've read lots and lots of comments about the Sansa Clip+ to fail sooner or later. A lot of them say it just dies on you some day.. you never know when. And even though i would really like that player, i just can't risk it to fail during the show. Even if i have a backup, it would interupt the show for at least 5 minutes.. maybe in the middle of a song.... thats just not an option.

I know there is no failproof device, but malfunction seems to be a serious problem with the Sansa Clip+.

Question 1: Are the reports highly exagerated, or is the Sansa really that vulnerable? Loose earphone jacks have also be reported.
Question 2: Does the Sansa Zip suffer from the same problems? And if not, does it offer the same sound quality?
Question 3: Whats up with the volume problems the Sansa Clip+ has when you choose "German" as your main language? There are a lot of reports that the soundlevel drops dramatically and the device is barely usable or repairable.

Hope you can help, because i'm pretty close to not opening that package, sending it straight back to amazon and safe my money for a much more expensive cowon.

with best regards
Peter

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #45 of 368
Quote:
The Clip+ is a true legend, proven time and time again from anyone to new comers, veteran audiophiles, music lovers around the world, and I doubt will there be a player quite like it for sometime. It's just something that went very very right for Sansa. Clip Zip has not enough time or interest compared.

The best post!
The key sentence: The Clip+ is a true legend, ....

I am ordering the Clip+ tomorrow,  rain or shine,
but of course voting for: Clip+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back