Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
Aug 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #16 of 368
Quote:
Rockbox works just fine on the Zip too though...."stable" or not.
wink.gif

I don't have one but that's what I've heard as well.. It's just the Rockbox devs that have astronomical standards on what's "stable" 
etysmile.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #17 of 368
thank you guys for the help i went mostly cuz i understood that the different is minor and i'm gonna use rockbox and the thing some1 here said about better FM that is gonna be a big part of my usage

thank alot and shabat shalom to all

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #18 of 368
With Rockbox the Clip Zip is good. Without Rockbox though, the Clip+ seems much better.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #19 of 368
Quote:
With Rockbox the Clip Zip is good. Without Rockbox though, the Clip+ seems much better.

As you don't have and have not had a Clip Zip, how can you truly say how good or bad it is?

If I had a Clip+ still I would never use the OF. Why? The pitch is ever-so-slightly off in playback. With the Clip Zip, the pitch issue is finally solved in the OF, and it plays back at the proper speed. In my comparison of Clip+ to Clip Zip last year, using the OF on both, it was easy for me to hear the difference. When I booted the Clip+ back into Rockbox, then it would play at the proper speed, just like the Zip. 

I think people are way too hung up on the lack of elapsed time/remaining time on the Zip's playback screen, to be honest (which I think is your main complaint with the Zip) . That is easily outweighed by the menu customization options and the alphabet-based browsing of the album/artist/song lists. In fact, the alphabet browsing is something I would like to see in Rockbox.

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #20 of 368
I can't believe you hear the 1/4 of 1% pitch error. Very few can hear this. When the pitch error was 3/4 of 1% on the original Clip and early Clip+ firmware more heard it, but even then it wasn't that noticeable.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #21 of 368
Quote:
I can't believe you hear the 1/4 of 1% pitch error. Very few can hear this. When the pitch error was 3/4 of 1% on the original Clip and early Clip+ firmware more heard it, but even then it wasn't that noticeable.

Well, I guess I am one of the very few.

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #22 of 368
Quote:
There might be a new version of the Fuze in 2 weeks. I suggest you wait to see what that is. Of course you could buy a Clip+ and the new Sandisk player. I have the original Fuze and the Clip+. When the clip Zip came out I decided not to get it and to buy spare Clip+ players instead. I don't like the lack of an elapsed time display on the Clip zip.

Hi, sorry, but could you elaborate more on the possible new fuze, as in source of the rumours, rumoured features, etc.?
Really contemplating if I should wait it out,

Also, if you don't mind me asking, would you say that a clip zip is a significant upgrade from a mobile phone, specifically an xperia X8? (Yes, its an old phone)
I do hear some hiss plugging into my xperia X8 but my music quickly drowns it out. I'm assuming the clip zip has no hiss even when no music is playing?
And also, would the clip zip have a different sound signature from my handphone? Is it a day-and-night difference like with a new headphones?

Btw, I'm only using a Vsonic gr06 IEM which I assume isn't really that sensitive.

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #24 of 368
"Hi, sorry, but could you elaborate more on the possible new fuze, as in source of the rumours, rumoured features, etc.?
Really contemplating if I should wait it out,"

I have not heard any specific rumors about a new Sandisk player, I just noticed a pattern of releasing a new player at the end of August in 2009, 2010, and 2011. It is reasonable to assume there will probably be a new one at the end of august 2012 as well. In 2009 it was the Clip+, 2010 the Fuze+, 2011 the Clip Zip, so it is reasonable to expect a new Fuze in a week or so(perhaps called the Fuze Zip?).

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #25 of 368
o.0 Makes sense, I guess I'll wait for a few more weeks.

Erm, what do you mean better, in what aspect?
Wider soundstage? More details? Better dynamic range? Better bass/mids/treble? Less hiss?
Significant improvement of just a slight but noticeable improvement?
Sorry, if I'm asking too many questions. I've never had a dedicated music player :x

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #26 of 368
Have you thought about getting a cowon j3 and messing about with the eq..p.s sanzas sound better with klispch image s4's! the rocoo p has come right down in price and it's the one to get!

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #28 of 368
Quote:
Have you thought about getting a cowon j3 and messing about with the eq..p.s sanzas sound better with klispch image s4's! the rocoo p has come right down in price and it's the one to get!

$179  isn't exactly cheap when compared to a $30 Sandisk Clip+.

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #29 of 368
Quote:
$179  isn't exactly cheap when compared to a $30 Sandisk Clip+.

I just picked up a second Clip Zip...even trade for a simple USB wall charger! (which was one of six USB chargers that I had).
Rockbox and 32GB card already installed.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back