SAmsung galaxy note 2
Sep 3, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 471
When do you think this will be release in Australia? 
popcorn.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #18 of 471
October, going to have widespread simultaneous international release like the S3 (128 countries according to Samsung, I presume Australia will number amongst them).

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #20 of 471
I thought I read somewhere that Australia was not going to be on that list for Oct release.... I could be wrong.
Will see if I can find the link on that article when I get back home...

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #21 of 471
Quote:
The Note 2 screen isn't pentile. It's three subpixels per pixel, but with an atypical layout with a larger red subpixel (saves battery, the pentile arrangement in the S3 also has a larger red subpixel). See The Verge for details.

You're right!  That changes the game entirely.  So the Note 2 will be the first hi res AMOLED with full RBG.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #22 of 471
I can only speak for the US version, but I've just received confirmation from an anonymous source, that it does indeed have a WM1811. My guess would be that the international will have it as well.

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #23 of 471
Quote:
I can only speak for the US version, but I've just received confirmation from an anonymous source, that it does indeed have a WM1811. My guess would be that the international will have it as well.

International one has a Wolfson, already confirmed by Supercurio via Voodoo Report.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #24 of 471
International one has a Wolfson, already confirmed by Supercurio via Voodoo Report.

Anyone can answer this.
When do you think he (or anyone else that's trustworthy) will make the statement as to whether the US version has Note 2 has the Wolfson or not? I would go for unit if it does. I would imagine the implementation would be a bit better than the S3. However, it might not. This is supposed to give the iPhone 5 massive competition, pun intended. :)

(Noob to this site, but lover of Hi-Fi)

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #25 of 471
The standard USB audio is also enabled on stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean-powered Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/405#post_8750862

"I have had no chance to have a listen yet (got mine yesterday), can only report that my Pico is NOT working with it. Although I kinda expected that, as it doesn't work with the Int S3 either, I'm still pretty gutted (I could use a powered USB hub I guess, but that is just way too unwieldy for me to contemplate)."

So, in  regard to standard USB audio, the behaviour of the Galaxy Note 2 is likely identical to the behaviour of the Galaxy S3.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32453762&postcount=43

Assuming USB DACs will play nice with the Note 2, anyone have any recommendations on which one?
I may have to start doing some reading :)

A list of USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Galaxy S3 can be found at the following link:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/435#post_8757896

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #27 of 471
Yeah, that was my post about the Pico - I'm very sad!

Looking to get a Leckerton 6S-MkII now, although they are out of stock with none due in for 8 days. Naturally once I get it I will post whether it works or not, I expect it will since it is confirmed with the Int S3.

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #29 of 471
Will have plenty to say about that during/after the weekend - whole weekend free for blogging and sound comparisons :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back