SAmsung galaxy note 2
Jul 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #467 of 471
Sorry for a slight bump, but since I got a new phone, I would like to turn this into a dedicated media device, which means some slight modification. What kind of kernel or mods are you guys guys using to get the most out of your note 2? Thanks guys!

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #468 of 471
Sorry for a slight bump, but since I got a new phone, I would like to turn this into a dedicated media device, which means some slight modification. What kind of kernel or mods are you guys guys using to get the most out of your note 2? Thanks guys!

SlimKat 4.4.4 + Viper4AndroidFX (+ Z-Edition convolvers) here.

Default SlimKat kernel but I should test Agni or something else.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #469 of 471
Omni rom 4.4.4, Plasma kernel, real voodoo sound (paid version), neutron player.  I don't think you could get a cleaner setup in a smartphone (at least I am still looking).

I am not a fan of viper - in my experience the sound becomes over processed and probably somewhat artifact ridden.  But it does have a huge fan base (and Apple bought Beats audio for 3 billion if that is an example of popularity indicating quality)

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #470 of 471
  Omni rom 4.4.4, Plasma kernel, real voodoo sound (paid version), neutron player.  I don't think you could get a cleaner setup in a smartphone (at least I am still looking).

I am not a fan of viper - in my experience the sound becomes over processed and probably somewhat artifact ridden.  But it does have a huge fan base (and Apple bought Beats audio for 3 billion if that is an example of popularity indicating quality)

Have you tried sound mods like ExtremeBeatsStudio, Elements of Fidelity or Pon3? I'm ok with EOFv18 also the AGNi kernel (Wolfson or Boeffla but I recommend the first) has nice feature like DAC Direct, DAC Oversampling, FLL Tuning and Speaker Optimization.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #471 of 471
No
I like to keep the sound processing down to avoid introducing artifacts
But neutron has an excellent parametric equalizer that works for me

I personally feel the original voodoo sound mod and app sound cleaner than the other mentioned mods. But not every kernel supports it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back