Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!
Feb 25, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #226 of 351
Quote:
I only noticed minor blemishes because I'm super OCD about stuff.  The average human being wouldn't have noticed a thing.

Same here. Even the slightest imperfection bothers me. I wish I wasn't so critical.....

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #227 of 351
Quote:
I only noticed minor blemishes because I'm super OCD about stuff.  The average human being wouldn't have noticed a thing.

Quote:
Same here. Even the slightest imperfection bothers me. I wish I wasn't so critical.....

In all fairness guys, $250 is $250. There's not many things you buy w/ blemishes, especially at this price point. I haven't seen them, but I wouldn't be beating yourself up for being disappointed. It also hurts your resale ability, or at least its a pain when you have to explain the presence of blemishes. The whole For Sale thread is full of people just like you...looking for perfection as a sign of care. 

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #228 of 351
No blemishes on mine, but comparing to the Bifrost right next to it I can see the difference in coating. The Asgard 2 has a whiter finish, but when I touch it with my fingers it turns darker and matches the Bifrost (finger oil). I guess if I got some baby oil and dampened a cloth and gave it a quick rub down it would pickup all the dust on it from machining and make it match perfectly.

Photo Time:

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #229 of 351
Let's get some impressions / reviews? :D

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #230 of 351
I wish Schiit made some kind of riser that would allow me to stack my forthcoming Asgard 2 on top of my Vallhala/Bifrost stack, so I can have a super stack without crushing my tubes :)

Or maybe stack the Asgard under the Bifrost with a riser there, for heat dissipation.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #231 of 351
Quote:
Let's get some impressions / reviews?
biggrin.gif

No way...let's get some baby oil!! 
size]

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #234 of 351
My A2 has noticeably more transformer hum than my A1.  I can hear when I put my ear about 1.5-2 feet away from the amp.  Is this normal with other A2s?  It is in high gain and I can't hear it through the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back