Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!
Feb 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #196 of 351
I've been very pleased with my Asgard for the past year. Using Denon D2000's and BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro's (250 ohm) I wonder if it's worth upgrading?

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #197 of 351
Just wait on the reviews for the A2. If the new features are something that are important to you (gain switch, pre-amp out) then it would certainly be worth considering. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #198 of 351
Quote:
Just wait on the reviews for the A2. If the new features are something that are important to you (gain switch, pre-amp out) then it would certainly be worth considering. 

I only care about a sound quality improvement. As nice as the Pre-Amp outs and gain switch are, I have no use for either with my setup. I will read the reviews when they are posted. If the reviews say it sounds better, I'm there :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #200 of 351
I appreciate your opinion. I'm not sure what I'm buying next as far as headphones. I already owned  Sennheiser HD650's and AKG 701's in the distant past. I've been out of touch with Head-Fi for over a year. I really need to get up to speed again.. 

P.S. Love your avatar I'm a big Soundgarden fan.  :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #201 of 351
The MD's and Hifiman he400 have made quite a splash around here as of late. You should check them out. They are both planar magnetic and a big change over your current hp's. Both are great hp's. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #202 of 351
The Asgard will drive them no problem? And what are MD's?? See,? I have no idea what's up in the headphone world theses days

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #203 of 351
Modified Fostex 

https://www.mrspeakers.com/

Quote:
The Asgard will drive them no problem? And what are MD's?? See,? I have no idea what's up in the headphone world theses days

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #204 of 351
Quote:

The Asgard you have will drive them fine. You'll get a much more significant and appreciable improvement in sound by changing the hp rather than the amp which would be small by comparison. 

Then turn around and sell off a pair of your least preferred hp's on what you currently have and you don't even have to spend much money after the sale. 
size]
 The d2k is fetching good money right now as they are d/c. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #205 of 351
Thanks hodgjy and Matt :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #206 of 351
wow, I really need to read what I write before I hit the submit button  "theses"  lol! 

Edit: I've had a few cocktails. I refuse to take responsibility for my bad typing lol! 

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #207 of 351
Quote:
wow, I really need to read what I write before I hit the submit button  "theses"  lol! 

Edit: I've had a few cocktails. I refuse to take responsibility for my bad typing lol! 

Instead you might get more bang for the buck (even if it's a few more of them) by going to a tube or hybrid amp to sit next to your Asgard.  Schiit alone has two from which to chose.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #208 of 351
Quote:
Instead you might get more bang for the buck (even if it's a few more of them) by going to a tube or hybrid amp to sit next to your Asgard.  Schiit alone has two from which to chose.

I have a Woo Audio WA6 I purchased a few years ago. Truthfully, I haven't listened to it in well over a year. The Asgard has been fitting the bill for me. I love the amp, and if the updated model sounds better, I'm going to upgrade. Simple as that. I'll read the reviews before I decide.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #209 of 351
I took the plunge to upgrade my A1 to A2 sight unseen.  The extra voltage swing should theoretically help drive my DT990/600s better, which I thought the A1 already drove very well!

Quote:
I have a Woo Audio WA6 I purchased a few years ago. Truthfully, I haven't listened to it in well over a year. The Asgard has been fitting the bill for me. I love the amp, and if the updated model sounds better, I'm going to upgrade. Simple as that. I'll read the reviews before I decide.

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #210 of 351
Quote:
I took the plunge to upgrade my A1 to A2 sight unseen.  The extra voltage swing should theoretically help drive my DT990/600s better, which I thought the A1 already drove very well!

Please let me know how you like it compared to your original one. I've got an itchy finger ready to order from Audio Adviser (free shipping and no tax) if you and others think it's a winner..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back