SA6, PFE, or Turbines?
Apr 1, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #78 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You personally attacked me when I did nothing of the sort.

You 'personally attacked' me for being argumentative. You just joined the thread for no other reason than to cause trouble. You had nothing to do with this thread, and as soon as it started to get heated, you appeared with accusations and inaccuracies. Don't point the finger at me until you look at your own antagonistic contributions to this thread.

Quote:

I'm glad I'm a chauvinist because you took offense to me saying you had motherly instincts, something I immediately apologized for when I realized it offended you.
[size=large]Seems you haven't let that one go.
[/size]

No! It seems YOU haven't. [size=medium]Now your actions make sense.[/size]

Quote:

This will be the last of me posting in this thread.

Here's hoping.

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #80 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or so I thought.

It's not that easy - at least the OP got the info he needed and decided on the Turbines before suzieq had her episode
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #81 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not that easy - at least the OP got the info he needed and decided on the Turbines
before suzieq had her episode
wink.gif

Oh yawn, the Phonatic is back with his thinly-veiled snide comments.

Be creative at least.

EDIT: Shouldn't you be recruiting new Phonatics, or are you just taking a coffee break??

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #82 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the Bose In-Ears and they blow the PFE (amped or unamped), SCL4, Turbines. ES7, K81 DJ. Pretty much every thing in my collection.

I am getting rid of all of it to keep the best sounding earphone ever Bose.

Uh...I really hope you're joking oarnura, I've had the Bose In-Ears for about 2 years now, and I really regret owning them and thinking they were any good. Everything sounds so muffled and even the bass is just boomy and nothing there. It's all just mids...typical Bose.

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #84 of 152
Really? I liked the PFE a lot more than the Bose IEs...And I like the IE7s a lot more too for that matter...

Hmm...I'll do a quick head to head with my IE7s and the Bose...I haven't listened to those in like a year.

EDIT: Ok so they surely don't sound as bad as I thought, but they are WAY behind the IE7 and the PFE. The highs are just not there compared to the other two. They seem veiled by the bass...which actually doesn't sound half as bad as I first described it. Vocals sound like crap, clarity seems very...muffled. It's like I'm listening to them with a sheet of cloth between my ears and the phones.

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #86 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that may be sarcasm.

LOL I'm sure hoping it's just an April Fools joke, because they sound like crap compared to the other phones I've listened too.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #87 of 152
DeusInvictus7, your ears are working just fine
biggrin.gif
- as stated, it was sarcasm.

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #88 of 152
Haha, ok good. For a second I was thinking my ears have been lying to me this whole time just to spend more money lol.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #89 of 152
Zalithian-
I have to say that having seen the thread in question your comments did come across as chauvinistic then. Sorry, but it's true. That was indeed another instance where you were already being argumentative to begin with. Now you come in here and accuse only her, and nobody else, for being argumentative? I don't get it. Explain why it is that you choose to pick on soozieq for this when if you go back and count up members who have been overly argumentative in PFE threads, you could have found several more members including yourself who have been guilty of the same thing. There are many more you could have singled out, but you posted just to single her out. Wouldn't be because she's a female who's not afraid to speak her mind, would it?

robm321-
I suppose you feel much better about yourself with your constant hassling of people who dare say anything negative about the PFE’s. It was you who started the thread’s decline, not soozieq.

Apr 1, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #90 of 152
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usually people wait to get accused of being a troll before they write three paragraphs defending themselves, but I guess if you want to be pre-emptive about it, that's up to you. I never said anything about trolling. I just said that the Phonaks perform above their price point, and I think that's common knowledge now regardless of how some like to spin it.

I use the silicon. They work much better than the comply.

The beauty of this wonderful country is that EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion. Opinions are unlike sports, where there are winners and losers. If ROBM321 feels his Phonaks perform above their price points, that is OK. What has ROBM321 compared the Phonaks to, and what is his level of expertise in audio sound. Maybe he is a novice. To ROBM321 they may sound fantastic, and that is his honest feeling based in his experience. Can't fault him, because we do not know what his standards are. Right...

I have owned almost 20 of the top tiered IEM's over the past few years (UE, Shure, Ety etc...), and comparing this vast selection...the Phonak PFE's don't rate very high. Personally, I found more faults with them then positives. Are they worth more that $130...no.

Having read a number of SOOZIEQ's posts over the past year, I do respect her opinion quite a bit. In most every of her reviews, she posts PROs and CONs. She is not bashing the PFE's, just saying unamped that are not that impressive. TSTARN06 has made similar statements.

There are obviously alot of people on the PFE Threads that are over-hyping these IEMs, and attacking those who dislike them. Pretty easy to spot, but not worth getting upset over. The PFE's are an average set of IEMs for the money. Certainly better than stock buds.

Let's stop all the nonsense though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back