S:flo2 impressions thread
Aug 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #3,286 of 3,682
Thing is Flacvest, that it's anything but a normal turnover and potential buyers should simply know that dealing with that company can be a PITA. 

Your RMA turned good, and I'm happy for you. In my case I had to wait 2 months to even get the unit in the first time. And that wasn't on pre-order. Used it 2 months, and now it's been on RMA for 2 months. So, to sum up things, I'm now out of half my warranty, and have only been able to use my unit for 1/3 of the time. AFAIC I'm not taking anything from that company for granted anymore. They're polite, yes, extremely. Reliable, nope.

Quote:
@frenchbat: Don't get all stressed over it... Since the units go back to the factory (Teclast, China) for testing/repairs it can take SOME time. My RMA took over 2 months. I inquired what's with the huge wait, and a response was there was a difficult to fix problem with my unit. In the end, they sent me a replacement, which I am sure of since it didn't have the corner ding on the back of the shell I had put on my s:flo2 in a fall.

In the meantime, cozy up to another player for the wait. That strategy sure beats staying annoyed for the wait. :wink:

P.S. though the turnaround is SLOW, MP4Nation does make good on getting a unit back to you.

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #3,287 of 3,682
@frenchbat:

I see your point, and the reason you're frustrated. Can't blame you either. :)

Hopefully you'll get a working unit back very soon, and a reliable one at that.

Good Luck!

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #3,288 of 3,682
@frenchbat:

I see your point, and the reason you're frustrated. Can't blame you either. :)

Hopefully you'll get a working unit back very soon, and a reliable one at that.

Good Luck!

Good luck with that one.'MP4nation won't be able to replace my second Sflo2 due to not stocking them any longer. So they can only offer me a refund and I'll have to wait until I ship back the unit to them to get my money. Very disappointing experience so far. Doubt I'll ever do business with this joke of a company again. Say hello to Hifiman, I sure hope they don't fail me.

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #3,289 of 3,682
Hi all, i've just got a T51 from HOD and have a few questions to ask, if you could help that would be great as i'm a bit of a newbie to a proper player like the T51.

When charging it just says USB connected(or similar) but doesn't give you any charge gauge other than to unplug it and look at the battery level, how do you know when it's fully charged ?

I vaguely remember some where in this thread(i read the whole thread !) you're supposed to go through four cycles of fully charging and dis-charging, have i got that right ?

Where can i get an English manual from ?

Any recomendations on a 1 meter mini to RCA cable, a half decent quality with out going too expensive ?

It's a bit early to give a proper impression of the sound but i am happy so far. My head unit appreciats the meaty LO compaired to my old player as i've gone from a rather hissy/noisey high gain to a much better low gain setting.

I got it to use as a source for my car's system, not a stock system it's all aftermarket amps/speakers/etc of a good quality so i thought i'd get a decent source for MP3/FLAC.

Delivery was nice and prompt from HOD to the UK, ordered it on Sunday night and it arrived Friday morning, i did pay extra for the DHL service but it was money well spent.

It seems that half of this massive thread is taken up with supper slow delivery concerns from the other supplier and it would have driven me mad waiting so i'm glad HOD worked out OK. 

Just waiting on a 16gb card so i can load up lots more music !
smile.gif

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #3,290 of 3,682
RE charging the unit will display charging complete.. 

I would not discharge the unit... Lith-ion batteries last longest if you keep then topped up and not let then drain out.

I just charge over USB most days so my battery stays near full and its as long lasting as when I first got it about 18 months ago (5-6 hour estimate).

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #3,291 of 3,682
When i connect it up the charging graphic pops up for like one second to be re placed by the USB connect graphic comes on and stays on for as long as the USB is connected.

I tried connecting it to the other USB on my lap top and the charging graphic stayed on but it's only done it once for some bizare reason !
confused.gif

I'll stop discharging/charging cycle, i probobly got it wrong or misunderstood what was said back in the depths of this thread.

I've not tried a wall charger yet because i haven't got a plug adapter for the stock charger.

O/S is win7 if that make any difference ?

BTW, thanks for your reply.

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #3,292 of 3,682
If you sflo2 is working correctly charging via the wall out let will be much faster. I think the sflo2 can charge up to 1500 ma which should take from 3 to 4 hours to fully charge. Mine is taking 8 hours because I think its stuck in usb mode or something where it won't allow it to charge at full speed. So I'll end up sending it back :frowning2:. I have a Hifiman 601 coming in and I hope I enjoy it more than the Sflo2 so I can bypass it completely with so much bad experiences already. I could always purchase my friends unit but it has cosmedic damage on it, I like my stuff to be mint.

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #3,294 of 3,682
I really enjoy this player....it has become my primary DAP.  The SQ of this player is extremely good, especially at the price point of ~US $150.  I wanted a very clean source to play through my tube amp and am very impressed.  For my purposes, the video capabilities and somewhat kludgey interface are not issues.  The build quality is relatively high, it plays FLAC and AAC (as well as others), has a true line out, and its architecture has been implemented well.  It also has plenty of power for even demanding cans. 

I would recommend this player to anyone wanting very HQ audio without carrying a separate DAC/AMP.  The touch screen is decent and has excellent resolution, but its not as sensitive as an ipod, droid x, or my P2.  Its not horrible though.  Honestly, the interface (v2.30 on my T51) is about as good as my Samsung P2 before I flash ugraded it....actually less buggy.  Battery life is short compared to other players due to the crapload of chips in this thing...also the reason it weighes like 3x more than my P2.  The T51 also only has a few settings/options that are confiigurable compared to other more mainstream players.  Navigating larger music collections via the interface is also a bit cumbersome, but tolerable. 

I'll report back on any other things I learn as I use the player, such as defects or bugs....it sounds like some folks have had issues.  I bought from HOD, but hoping not to have to test their RMA process!

Steve

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #3,296 of 3,682
Aug 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #3,297 of 3,682

Quote:
Let us know when you get it.  =P

Lol letting you know now. And guess what :frowning2:, the thing is DOA (defective on arrival). What is it with my luck man. The left channel through both the headphone out and the line out is barely audible at all. I contacted headroom regarding the problem and they will dispatch a new unit when they become available in a couple weeks. At least headroom has great customer service where they will dispatch a unit before you ship the defective one back, I must say that is very impressive to me when compared to mp4nations service. I was so excited to get the 601 come to find this issue
deadhorse.gif
I bet I just set the guinness world record for most horrible luck with audio equipment.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #3,298 of 3,682

Good to hear you're having a good experience thus far with your unit. I really want to have a 16 gb unit though to maximize my storage on the go. Depending on the situation I may just opt for the 8 gb and be done with it. Not sure if I really wanna wait for more sflo2s. Maybe I just have bad juju with them lol. Then again I've been hearing rumors that the T59 is in production now at Telecast. Not sure if that could have any reason to do with why MP4NATION won't be stocking the Sflo2 for an indefinite amount of time.
Quote:
I really enjoy this player....it has become my primary DAP.  The SQ of this player is extremely good, especially at the price point of ~US $150.  I wanted a very clean source to play through my tube amp and am very impressed.  For my purposes, the video capabilities and somewhat kludgey interface are not issues.  The build quality is relatively high, it plays FLAC and AAC (as well as others), has a true line out, and its architecture has been implemented well.  It also has plenty of power for even demanding cans. 

I would recommend this player to anyone wanting very HQ audio without carrying a separate DAC/AMP.  The touch screen is decent and has excellent resolution, but its not as sensitive as an ipod, droid x, or my P2.  Its not horrible though.  Honestly, the interface (v2.30 on my T51) is about as good as my Samsung P2 before I flash ugraded it....actually less buggy.  Battery life is short compared to other players due to the crapload of chips in this thing...also the reason it weighes like 3x more than my P2.  The T51 also only has a few settings/options that are confiigurable compared to other more mainstream players.  Navigating larger music collections via the interface is also a bit cumbersome, but tolerable. 

I'll report back on any other things I learn as I use the player, such as defects or bugs....it sounds like some folks have had issues.  I bought from HOD, but hoping not to have to test their RMA process!

Steve

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #3,300 of 3,682
I wrestled with the 8 vs 16gb as well, but then factored in the 32GB microSD and realized I was good either way. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back