S:flo2 impressions thread
Sep 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #2,537 of 3,682
Are people still considering the s:flo2? Don't. 

Why? 

I sent my player back for RMA in May. It's almost October. I still don't have it back. 

I'm still refraining from posting the whole story, but I have lost hope of ever seeing the s:flo2 back. Heck, I don't even want it back. The player is not that good, at least not worth it to go through the very unpleasant experience called "MP4NATION CUSTOMER SUPPORT". 

The short version of it is, mp4nation simply does not bother to update customers what is happening. If I never sent them an email or customer ticket or whatever, they will NEVER CONTACT YOU! You are always in the dark! They promised to send it back, but they never did. 

MP4NATION, that was the first and last time I'll ever buy from you. I'm kind enough not to expose the full details, so please just refund me. Or not. I don't really give a damn at this moment, I just want this experience to be over. 

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #2,538 of 3,682

Quote:

Why? 

I sent my player back for RMA in May. It's almost October. I still don't have it back. 

I'm still refraining from posting the whole story, but I have lost hope of ever seeing the s:flo2 back. Heck, I don't even want it back. The player is not that good, at least not worth it to go through the very unpleasant experience called "MP4NATION CUSTOMER SUPPORT". 

The short version of it is, mp4nation simply does not bother to update customers what is happening. If I never sent them an email or customer ticket or whatever, they will NEVER CONTACT YOU! You are always in the dark! They promised to send it back, but they never did. 

MP4NATION, that was the first and last time I'll ever buy from you. I'm kind enough not to expose the full details, so please just refund me. Or not. I don't really give a damn at this moment, I just want this experience to be over. 

Sorry for your experience.  Despite YOUR problems, my Slfo2 works flawlessly and is the best sounding truly portable DAP I have heard so far.  I think many others feel the same.  In fact, my Sflo2 is waaay more reliable than my Rockboxed Clip+ that randomly dies or drains its charge whenever it feels like.  Try posting on MP4 nations thread here.  Razzer should see it.  Everyone should farm out their customer support to Meelec IMO.

Sep 28, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #2,539 of 3,682

Quote:

Why? 

It will be more helpful if you vented your frustration via their forums than rather here. I do shared your plight but discouraging others from enjoying the s:flo2 is kinda childish.

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #2,540 of 3,682

I wish that was possible, but anyone with experience on mp4nation forums will tell you that any complaints are not allowed on their forums. They just simply do not like having complaints posted publicly. With this kind of service, it's quite understandable why. Don't believe me? Dig in this thread, you'll see Razz himself being quite angry when people were complaining about the delays of the s:flo2. And I totally expect to get the same " Please don't complain publicly" shtick if he ever sees this. 

They want everything to be done through their support system, and I respected that.....for all the 5 months that my s:flo2 has been with them. The truth is, they don't really utilise their own support system that well. They always promise to get back to you but they never do. You always need to hackle them to give you a reply. If you don't, they'll forget and just leave it be. 

I mean even if their support system is flawed......if you're holding a customer's RMA player, shouldn't it be your priority to get it back to your customer's hands ASAP? I don't know, I don't want to start ranting, but hey, just to put it in perspective. 

Got it in March 2010. Used 2 months. Sent it back RMA. Gone for 5 months. Out of 7 months of ownership, 5 months have been spent not having it with me. So yeah, I am a bit childish but can you blame me? Spent good money on this thing and I want to have it with me most of the time, if not all of the time. Maybe if I posted the whole story you'll understand my frustrations, but I still have some decency left to not expose the whole thing. 

Anyways, I know this is the wrong thread, so I'll just shut up. We'll see what mp4nation does after this. Maybe I'll take it somewhere where I can get action on this. 

Quote:

It will be more helpful if you vented your frustration via their forums than rather here. I do shared your plight but discouraging others from enjoying the s:flo2 is kinda childish.

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #2,541 of 3,682
let's be honest, it will be short of a miracle if your s:flo 2 lasts 1 year. All these chinese players are really terrible. QC is terrible. Yes, it is tough to complain at MP4nation. You are immediately routed to their support system. I have had to open paypal disputes to get anything done there.

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #2,542 of 3,682

You know what, I'll take that bet.  Normally I'd agree w/ you but I've been fairly surprised  by the build quality of this thing and the PCB looks pretty decent.  Wanna make a wager?  I've had mine for about 4 months now.  I don't want to do one of those sissy dollar bets either.  
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
let's be honest, it will be short of a miracle if your s:flo 2 lasts 1 year. All these chinese players are really terrible. QC is terrible. Yes, it is tough to complain at MP4nation. You are immediately routed to their support system. I have had to open paypal disputes to get anything done there.

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #2,543 of 3,682

LOL, you know what I mean. Among the chinese manufacturers, Teclast and Ainol are my favorites and they seem to make stuff with a bit better quality than the rest. Every player I have gotten from Onda ends up breaking down. Having said this, I think that none of these players can compare to the quality of sansa, zune, and ipod players. When it breaks down, support is poor. I essentially buy knowing that I am going to have practically no support and make up my mind. If I can live with that, I place my order. If I can't, I don't. BTW, I ordered a Teclast T51 from houseofdap. We'll see.

Quote:
You know what, I'll take that bet.  Normally I'd agree w/ you but I've been fairly surprised  by the build quality of this thing and the PCB looks pretty decent.  Wanna make a wager?  I've had mine for about 4 months now.  I don't want to do one of those sissy dollar bets either.  
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #2,544 of 3,682

No surprise here. Warranty issue would be one of flaw we may see. No matter how good it sounds, it is not the first time I hear they deal with repair issue slowly. I am glad some one step up when they have problem, it surly put a flag to possible buyer in spite of entirely possible feedback made by fanboy here.

Glad mine is working flawless after a few months, I would just sell it with lower price when it has problem since it don't make sense to me to wait forever for replacement
Quote:
I wish that was possible, but anyone with experience on mp4nation forums will tell you that any complaints are not allowed on their forums. They just simply do not like having complaints posted publicly. With this kind of service, it's quite understandable why. Don't believe me? Dig in this thread, you'll see Razz himself being quite angry when people were complaining about the delays of the s:flo2. And I totally expect to get the same " Please don't complain publicly" shtick if he ever sees this. 

They want everything to be done through their support system, and I respected that.....for all the 5 months that my s:flo2 has been with them. The truth is, they don't really utilise their own support system that well. They always promise to get back to you but they never do. You always need to hackle them to give you a reply. If you don't, they'll forget and just leave it be. 

I mean even if their support system is flawed......if you're holding a customer's RMA player, shouldn't it be your priority to get it back to your customer's hands ASAP? I don't know, I don't want to start ranting, but hey, just to put it in perspective. 

Got it in March 2010. Used 2 months. Sent it back RMA. Gone for 5 months. Out of 7 months of ownership, 5 months have been spent not having it with me. So yeah, I am a bit childish but can you blame me? Spent good money on this thing and I want to have it with me most of the time, if not all of the time. Maybe if I posted the whole story you'll understand my frustrations, but I still have some decency left to not expose the whole thing. 

Anyways, I know this is the wrong thread, so I'll just shut up. We'll see what mp4nation does after this. Maybe I'll take it somewhere where I can get action on this. 

Sep 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #2,545 of 3,682
UPDATE: finally got 2.2 on - it is no less stable in OSX 10.6, so I am thinking of selling/trading this thing. Booting up Windows (yes, I did that) just to transfer music from my OSX iTunes is a chore and very very slow (drag and drop and hunt and peck is slow as hell). I DO like the sound, but not enough, not enough.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #2,547 of 3,682
I hope prospective buyers don't get turned off by the S:Flo2 from MP4 complaints. It really is an amazing product and the only thing I've bought since Head-Fi that I haven't tried to upgrade or sell off. If anyone is worried about MP4's CS, then you can look at a Teclast T51 from another dealer because it is the exact same product aside from branding.

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #2,549 of 3,682
wow... may huh. i thought i had it bad. i shipped it out august 10th. seriously, if i knew it was gonna take this long, i would have either opened it up myself or just dealt with the issue.  the fact that this has taken this long has pushed me away from purchasing products from overseas. they may have better chips or what not in them, but am i really going to ship back a 10 lbs dac or something to get repaired only to wait months?
to make matters worse, i left my 16gb micro card inthere. =\  i know for sure, im never seeing that sucker again. even if they say "we will note the account"

EDIT:  i just got a response from mp4nation, darkchaser's situation is unique and is "messy".  my situation is not but it still has taken a while. =\ they are nice when they respond to be fair. but dark is right, if we dont ask, they don tsay nething.  plus, they have not been able to give me a timetable for the return at any point.  im not sure what that means but i do not like not knowing when i will be receiving my product back.

Quote:

Why? 

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #2,550 of 3,682
I have had my fair share of headaches with MP4Nations. Most of it was the unreliable players that I got. To be fair, they did sent me 2 other replacements until we got it right.

Their customer service's attitude was bad, but have imporved somewhat. As for not updating your status automatically, that should be a given. Don't get me wrong, I think customer service in the States is Awesome! But people are essentially paying a major premium for it. How much do you think Zune or Ipod will charge for the same player? Even Sansa would charge much more, and I have not been super impressed with their customer service as well.

Anyways,.. I am happy paying $170 for a player that sounds this good even though I have to send my players back 2 times, and fedex the last shipment because Raz's assistant sent my player to the wrong address. You always get what you paid for. If your experience with MP4Nation really pissed you off, then definitely save yourself the trouble of buying things from them. Life is short, just listen to music through whatever player and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back