S:flo2 impressions thread
Oct 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #2,567 of 3,682
I never knew macs had these many problems...
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #2,569 of 3,682
Again, it has nothing to do with Macs - it has everything to do with a market (China) that thinks that everyone MUST own a Windows computer. Of course in China (and Korea), everyone does and everything is made for them to the point of disregarding standards, established programming, and so on and so forth. Remember that the same MAC and S:Flo work with XP - so it is nothing to do with hardware. But the S:Flo is the only USB device that doesn't work with OSX 10.6 I've discovered. 

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #2,570 of 3,682
I'm using 10.5.8 on an iMac, which might have something to do with it. Just to reiterate: I've never had a single problem mounting, unmounting, or transferring data.

Quote:
Again, it has nothing to do with Macs - it has everything to do with a market (China) that thinks that everyone MUST own a Windows computer. Of course in China (and Korea), everyone does and everything is made for them to the point of disregarding standards, established programming, and so on and so forth. Remember that the same MAC and S:Flo work with XP - so it is nothing to do with hardware. But the S:Flo is the only USB device that doesn't work with OSX 10.6 I've discovered. 

Oct 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #2,571 of 3,682
It wouldnt work on my windows laptop until I installed the drivers that are included in the firmware tool package. After I installed that it worked fine on windows. The first time I plugged into my MBP with 10.6 it almost worked then I got messages about a usb device drawing to much power, then it went downhill from there. I am gonna trying it on my g4 imac with 10.5 and see what happens. I am thinking worse case I will use windows to load the onboard 16gb with my favorite music, then use one of my adapters to load up the external micro sd cards via usb.

Oct 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #2,572 of 3,682
Well dam, I tried it on my G4 iMac with 10.5 worked fine. So to take the experiment further tried my wife's MBP, 10.5, worked there too. OK, I give up. I plugged into my MBP again which has 10.6, worked fine. Now if the clicking when the screen is active were fixed I would be even happier. Let's hope it keeps on working.

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #2,575 of 3,682
Yeah in the past whenever people have asked about amps in this thread the message seems to be - go the whole way and spend 300-400 or forget it. Can I ask what heapdonhes/IEMs you are using? You're probably best upgrading them rather than getting a new amp...

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #2,576 of 3,682
I use various pairs...but im not a fan of the HO on the Sflo2 compared to the LO:

I was thinking:

Ibasso D2+
Minibox-D
Ibasso T3

but i'm not sure on which one out of them would sound best with the sflo2

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #2,577 of 3,682

Quote:
Well dam, I tried it on my G4 iMac with 10.5 worked fine. So to take the experiment further tried my wife's MBP, 10.5, worked there too. OK, I give up. I plugged into my MBP again which has 10.6, worked fine. Now if the clicking when the screen is active were fixed I would be even happier. Let's hope it keeps on working.

I think shigzeo might be the victim of foxconn QC.  Afterall, most Apples products can't even charge their own iPad.  Or his Sflo2 is bad.  
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #2,578 of 3,682

Quote:
I use various pairs...but im not a fan of the HO on the Sflo2 compared to the LO:

I was thinking:

Ibasso D2+
Minibox-D
Ibasso T3

but i'm not sure on which one out of them would sound best with the sflo2

Don't you want to first try a in-line-volume cable through LO? Some like it better than PO.

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #2,579 of 3,682

Quote:
Don't you want to first try a in-line-volume cable through LO? Some like it better than PO.

That idea has been discussed and tried.  The issue of inline volume controls negatively impacting SQ was a concern.  If you want to use the LO straight to phones you can use the User setting to adjust gain on the LO.  Flat is about 40% reduction I believe.

Oct 4, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #2,580 of 3,682

[size=medium]
S:flo2 drives my RE0 directly thru LO on setting "normal" with best SQ I ever heard.... the good thing about the re0 is big impedance which allows u to listen on "not so loud / listenable" level ... however, in some songs its too loud then I switch to userEQ and all bands to -3

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back