S:flo2 impressions thread
Sep 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #2,476 of 3,682
Actually, I don't have the latest firmware updated. Running to town to borrow a Windows computer with the right combination of OS is too frustrating. I'd love to try it, but the S:Flo doesn't play nice with WMWare Fusion. 

If the highs are fixed (and I don't trust any opinions on this issue), then I'd recommend skipping an amp all together unless you just want to achieve less hiss (which would have to be a pretty expensive amp).

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #2,478 of 3,682

Quote:
What earphones will you be using? If you get the S:Flo, listen to its HPO - if you aren't bothered by an audible but not overly aggressive dulling of the treble, then forget the amp - you don't need it. But if you are bothered by it, be prepared to dish out a bit more than what helps lesser players.

Well i already have the s:flo2 on the 2.30 firmware and am using a pair of M50's with them connected straight through the LO with the EQ on -9 across all frequencies. Whenever i switch to the HO, there isn't much of a difference - the sound becomes a little warm and bass gets reduced a little though i haven't noticed the dullness in the treble as yet however slight it may be. It sounds awesome though, better than my 3G touch.

I dont have any cash on me right now but will an E5 help if connected to the LO ?

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #2,479 of 3,682
If anyone's looking for a decent budget set up, the S:Flo2 pairs nicely with my refurb IE6s that I got for ~$55. No hiss/hum, strong controlled bass, and a smooth overall signature. The mids are slightly veiled/recessed and the soundstage is small, but for a setup which could potentially cost under $200 all in, it sounds quite nice.

Sep 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #2,481 of 3,682
Its childish sure, but have you ever tried entering the f-word into the dictionary?  The results are surprisingly thorough and somewhat hilarious.

Sep 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #2,482 of 3,682

Quote:
Anyone pair the sflo2 with earsonics SM3? 

Btw, is there any shop in hong kong selling the sflo 2? If yes, roughly how much would it be? 

cheers!

Shop MingoHeadphone will sell you Teclast T51 for about 120US$,it is available in their Mongkok branch. try   www.mingo-hmw.com;shops in basement of GoldenShop.Cntr  used to have it for less,but now even in Shenzen,T51 is hard to find.

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #2,483 of 3,682
I actually timed the battery life between playing through the HO and LO with the same flac file on repeat. HO lasted me around 7 hours while playing through the LO with the volume dial completely off lasted me around 8.5 hours. Interesting.

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #2,485 of 3,682

Quote:
Of course your results are in favor of the LO. It isn't running a separate amplifier module where the HPO model is.

Yes just wanted to post out the battery life difference.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #2,486 of 3,682
I did some loaded RMAA tests with the s:flo but i don' t understand the results. The signal is just as flat as the unloaded test, while i was i expecting some variations.

Here's my set up:
s:flo2 (playing the test track) > jack splitter > output 1: headphone or amp
                                                            > output 2: line in of my laptop

Did i forget something?

I'd like to check how flat the signal is with an amp because lately i've been under the impressions that the bass is rolled off with my Stax amp (my Vaio Pocket has much more bass and sounds more balanced).

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #2,487 of 3,682
The S:Flo, as has been said, has very little deviation even when driving the most impossible earphones, earphones that cause the stalwart Clip to lose a little heart. 

RMAA LO tests: S:Flo 2 - through iBasso T3D

I've published my HPO results here too, but can't seem to find them... ho hum.

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #2,488 of 3,682
Quote:
The S:Flo, as has been said, has very little deviation even when driving the most impossible earphones, earphones that cause the stalwart Clip to lose a little heart. 

RMAA LO tests: S:Flo 2 - through iBasso T3D

I've published my HPO results here too, but can't seem to find them... ho hum.

..and those were with the old firmware, right? The new firmware is said to have fixed most of the distortion issue. If you ever get a chance to update the firmware, hopefully you can give it another go with RMAA. I am interested in seeing how it will fair against the old measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back