S:flo2 impressions thread
Feb 15, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #3,077 of 3,682

qusp said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

get rid of that 2604 first chance you get and it'll sound considerably better through line out. I dont mind the 2604, but better could be had. dont suppose its socketed?
al the same I have been interested in this little thing for a while, given the low price I might have to check it out. I might wait for the software to mature a bit more first though. or for rockbox to be released for it
wink.gif

It helps me out of the problem, It's very detailed, Thanks for your effort! I got more deep understanding about this part.

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #3,078 of 3,682
Right, mine took 7 business day to reach me but of course HK-SGP is only 3hr by air. I don't believe in the "mailed out" bull-crap thingy.

Quote:

i got an email from mp4nation saying that my S:Flo2 is 'Mailed Out'...again, after it was supposedly mailed out before on Dec, 21st.

i have to say that ill believe it when it actually arrives. im very wary of this site now.

Feb 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #3,079 of 3,682
The SQ of the T51 is very good in my opinion, detail, forceful and good bass. The UI is not bad, I never like playlist and always arrange my sound in folders anyway. I use the stock theme, they are quite responsive just that if you press the "back" it go back to the music main menu instead of the sound list but no big deal just a few extra step although the person who program the firmware can actually improve this which is not difficult. Most main stream DAP will sound ok with mainstream earplug and most mainstream songs are recorded to sound good on most mainstream DAP too. From my experience, audiophile CD can actually sound bad on main stream DAP. This is what I think of the T51 too. If you use a mainstream earplug on T51, it sounds good but not a significent different. But stepping up a higher quality earphone make a very big difference. I did not use EQ, I leave everything at 0 that is my preference :)

Feb 17, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #3,081 of 3,682

Quote:
This seems to have stopped being an impressions thread and turned into a shipping thread. If you want shipping problems order an Arrow amp and you will stop worrying about your s:flo2 to arrive.

Not anymore.  You can get an Arrow pretty quick now as Robert fixed the problem pretty much.  MP4nation certainly has not and seems to be the same fiasco I dealt with more than half a year ago.

But yes, wrong thread for this stuff.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #3,084 of 3,682
I'm back reading now, but since I'm starting from teh start, I'm reading mostly impressions...most of which I've read before...but just to ask, did anyone here in California pay any import duties since these units are coming from China? I'm wary of having one shipped to the Philippines because our Customs people can be reeeeaaaallly arbitrary...there's just n o way to anticipate how much they want for clearing this out of hte post office, so I'm considering having my brother ship it to his house and a friend coming home next month can put it in his luggage.

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #3,085 of 3,682

Quote:
I'm back reading now, but since I'm starting from teh start, I'm reading mostly impressions...most of which I've read before...but just to ask, did anyone here in California pay any import duties since these units are coming from China? I'm wary of having one shipped to the Philippines because our Customs people can be reeeeaaaallly arbitrary...there's just n o way to anticipate how much they want for clearing this out of hte post office, so I'm considering having my brother ship it to his house and a friend coming home next month can put it in his luggage.

No customs when I got mine.

Feb 19, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #3,089 of 3,682

Quote:
This seems to have stopped being an impressions thread and turned into a shipping thread.

The two are connected insofar as the shipping issues affect one's impression of the product.  The main link is mendacity.  I'm enjoying my S:Flo2 a lot, and could echo what many have said about its sound quality, but I don't like how I was lied to in the course of getting it.  ("Mailed out" on December 16th.  Assurance that it had been mailed out when I inquired about its failure to show up in HKP tracking on December 30th.  Then, when the package arrived a month later, conclusive evidence in the box itself -- a newspaper page used for stuffing dated January 1st! -- that both assertions were false.  Note that someone else complained about these same lies upthread.  They seem to be standard practice.)

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #3,090 of 3,682

got mine in today finally!

initial impressions...it beats my Rockboxed Fuze/E5 setup pretty easily. the S:Flo2 just has sound that makes me think of clean pure energy compared to my old setup, everything is more defined with almost non-existent noise outside of whats already recorded in any given track. in comparison of just noise, the Fuze/E5 sounds like a tape player next to this.

i have the EQ at all flat right now. the bass is much cleaner and maybe punchier but does not hit as hard as the old setup, the mids and treble are def cleaner but the upper highs are maybe, and i mean MAYBE recessed a little compared to the Fuze/E5...ill need to A/B them to try and verify that impression.

im using DBA-02, Miles Davis and a little bit of RE0 for my listening by the way...

EDIT: my order was for the S:Flo2, protective case, SD card and Brainwavz M3 combo and i received everything but the M3's. i put in a Support Ticket letting them know about it so ill update you guys if they give me any hassle about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back