S:flo2 impressions thread
Feb 27, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #3,106 of 3,682
I am thinking about getting one for my birthday but does anyone have any problems with it? (not software but hardware. I can cope with a bit slow UI and no artwork.) Like it just doesnt turn on for no reason or just randomly died? 
How should I get it from? Because I heard that MP4 nation takes really long to get it ships out. Thanks

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #3,108 of 3,682
Nice looking player.  In the market for a new player.  I posted in the J3 thread as well.  Right now, it's between S:Flo2  & J3.  Decisions, decisions....How does the Flo2 handle gapless playback?  It supports ogg & FLAC as well, which is good.  How about the line-out?  I use my PCDPs line outs all the time so great feature...

I currently own iPods (5.5G, R'boxed) and iPod Touch 2G.  Love them both but looking for something different to complement them....

Thanks

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #3,110 of 3,682
Just got my s:flo2 today ! Just plugged my new IE8 in it and I'm happy !
I really don't regret my ipod 120 and E4c. The sound quality is impressive.
I live in France and after many hesitation (s3, x7 and s:flo2), I ordered a 16 go to mp4 Nation (with free registered airmail) .
It took exactly 19 days from order to delivery without custom fees.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #3,112 of 3,682
I got my S:FLO2  yesterday 03/03/11.
I bought it from Mp4nation USA site.
I did not receive the charger for the item.Any one with similar experience.
I raised a ticket and this is what I got for an answer----

Our customer support team personnel has replied to your support request #354069

Hello,

Sorry but the Nationite S:Flo2 units don\'t come with chargers as, through our partnership with Amazon, they don\'t allow the shipment of chargers. Sorry but what you saw on the included accessories list is actually an error.

However, any standard 5v USB charger will work with the S:Flo2, and you can also charge it from your computer.

Thank you.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #3,113 of 3,682
Sorry about that, the units sent from the USA Amazon warehouse won't come with chargers, but as the support ticket said, you can change off PC or any 5V USB charger. MP4 Nation (USA) S:FLo2 page now has that clarified.

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #3,114 of 3,682
Razzer, I think it has been said at some point here that it was safer for the battery to be charged through a charger with more than 1000mA capability. If that's the case, and that's a fairly common specification with other pmp, then your advice to go with a simple computer USB port isn't going to be good for your RMA numbers. Better check it with your OEM and make sure there is no specific requirement for the S:Flo2. Just saying ...

Quote:
Sorry about that, the units sent from the USA Amazon warehouse won't come with chargers, but as the support ticket said, you can change off PC or any 5V USB charger. MP4 Nation (USA) S:FLo2 page now has that clarified.

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #3,115 of 3,682
Hi razzer001,

That was a pretty quick reply.
I was and is  following your product for over an year and now this happened ....a sort of watered down effect.
I had read many posts regarding the unit not charging properly with Computer-USB.
I hope the problem is fixed now at least with my unit !!!.
It had enough charge out of the box so.....Right now I'm enjoying music with s:flo2.

Mar 5, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #3,120 of 3,682
omg this player can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

i feel like when i use it, i have to be real patient with the commands or else it will freeze on me. right now its stuck trying to access a music folder with the display on and its been around 15 minutes already. it wont turn off or do anything.

i expected issues with the UI but this is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back