RUIZU A50 HD - anyone know anything about this player? Or what do you think?
Feb 27, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #76 of 139
Hello all,

Does anyone hear a "hissing" sound while listening to music/navigating through their Ruizu A50 HD, and its screen is ON? Does it have something to do with the fact that I'm using the Tin Audio T2 and KZ ZS5 (V1s) with it, sensitive IEMs with 16 ohms each? Forgive me for presenting such a trivial issue, given that all I'd need to do is turn my player off. I just have a really bad habit of navigating through my DAPs while I listen to music...

...mmmmmmmaybe I should just learn to kick the habit :/

Hey there, I also have the Ruizu A50 and do not here that hissing sound. I've tested it with a KZ ZS6 and AKG K702 and the headroom MS16. My Ruizu however does skip some beats within songs from time to time. Pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #77 of 139
Hey there, I also have the Ruizu A50 and do not here that hissing sound. I've tested it with a KZ ZS6 and AKG K702 and the headroom MS16. My Ruizu however does skip some beats within songs from time to time. Pretty annoying.

Thank you for the reply. I actually haven't had that skipping beats problem yet, I'll let you know if you I do. What source files do you use, FLAC? WAV? DSD64/128? Such are the files I've played on my Ruizu without encountering such an issue.

As for my hiss problem: I set the brightness of my Ruizu A50 to the minimum level via the settings, causing the "hissing" (It's actually more like a high-pitch sound, like... like how in those movies or video games when a character is within the blast radius of a grenade, they can only hear a high-pitched "screech," if you will, for a view seconds before their hearing reverts to normal) sound to occur. This apparently happens if I set the brightness to anything but its max level. The sound I'm speaking of also seems to get a little louder if the brightness is set around 3/4th of the max, then gets quieter at the minimum.

Perhaps I can only hear it because of my 16-year old ears. Idk lol :p

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #82 of 139
I find this player very bright and detailed by the way. To my ears, it doesn't pair so well with my AKG K702 nor my KZ ZS6. It lacks bass.
However, I absolutely love how it sounds when paired with my headroom MS16! :beyersmile:

I would not expect it to drive the K702 well unless you are adding an amp... but there is no line out...
I have other daps. I use this one when I want something really pocketable... so I usually pair it with simple iems or buds or maybe a portable headphone. I can only use it with albums that do not require gapless play.

Feb 27, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #83 of 139
I would not expect it to drive the K702 well unless you are adding an amp... but there is no line out...
I have other daps. I use this one when I want something really pocketable... so I usually pair it with simple iems or buds or maybe a portable headphone. I can only use it with albums that do not require gapless play.

Yeah that makes sense. I use it mainly when working out.
I had hoped that it would also pair well with my AKG for listening to FLAC on the couch. To no avail, but can't blame the Ruizu for that.
I also have several iems and find that this little device pairs well with more 'laid back' phones. The KZ ZS6 for example makes it a little too analytical for me.

Feb 28, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #84 of 139
Hi folks,

Does anyone have a problem with EQ? On my A50, no matter what setting I select there is absolutely No difference to sound (ie its the same as having EQ off). It happens with Mp3, Flac, m4a & Alac.

Feb 28, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #85 of 139
Hi folks,

Does anyone have a problem with EQ? On my A50, no matter what setting I select there is absolutely No difference to sound (ie its the same as having EQ off). It happens with Mp3, Flac, m4a & Alac.
On mine the Presets make a little difference but not much. I can't hear any difference if I try a Custom setting.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #87 of 139
Just ordered an A50 over the Benjie T6 - but some of the last few replies saying the T6 is potentially better are a bit concerning!

It depends on if gapless play is important to you...if you listen to albums that reqire it.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #89 of 139
Nope not a concern at all... If that's the only real deal breaker then I'll look forward to received the A50.

Thanks for the reassurance.

For me the lack of gapless play would have only been a deal breaker if it were to be my only dap because I do have some albums where the tracks are meant to flow into each other. Of course you can always get around this by ripping the whole album as one file.

For on the go or even doing chores around the house, I love how pocketable it is. I think you will be happy with it.

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #90 of 139
Yeah, I don't think you'll regret your purchase. It's a beautifully made device, especially considering the price. Also, I've noticed that it finds all my (flac) files, no matter the quality etc. Something that my Fiio M3 couldn't manage.
Indeed, the equalizer doesn't do a lot.

There is plenty of room for improvement in the software department. Still, given the hardware and audio quality I think it's a good investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back