RUIZU A50 HD - anyone know anything about this player? Or what do you think?
Mar 4, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #106 of 139
OK sorry - trying to lock the screen I short press the 'power on' button and it flashes up a padlock that does an open/close lock graphic but then it just goes back to the main screen?

The screen does go off by itself after a few seconds of not touching anything but it turns back on as soon as soon i touch a button. Can it not lock the screen and buttons?

Help appreciated guys.

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #107 of 139
OK sorry - trying to lock the screen I short press the 'power on' button and it flashes up a padlock that does an open/close lock graphic but then it just goes back to the main screen?

The screen does go off by itself after a few seconds of not touching anything but it turns back on as soon as soon i touch a button. Can it not lock the screen and buttons?

Help appreciated guys.
There are various versions of the Firmware available. On mine there is no padlock icon if I press the "Power on" button. A quick press turns the screen on and off and the buttons on the left hand side are locked when the screen is off. Nothing locks the volume wheel though.

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #108 of 139
There are various versions of the Firmware available. On mine there is no padlock icon if I press the "Power on" button. A quick press turns the screen on and off and the buttons on the left hand side are locked when the screen is off. Nothing locks the volume wheel though.

Same for me. I have the newer firmware.

I wish I could lock the volume wheel.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #109 of 139
Deffo not the case here. A quick press of the power button and I get a padlock flash up but it then reverts back to the normal screen. The screen does go off after a few seconds automatically but the side buttons remain active.

Oh well!

Sounds good tho.

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #112 of 139
Do you know if the newer firmware is available to download and install?

Its all in here somewhere.. I just did what others said to do... I suggest you read the whole thread...it is short

Screenshots have been posted as well

Late here...too tired for me to explain what to do

What firmware are you on now? What does it say under Information?

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #113 of 139
That is actually entirely possible...probably even.

Yep, very plausible. Mine are more than twice as old :older_man:

and mine more than that... how much more I will not say...

Maybe I'm just exaggerating things based on a small sample size, but judging by this and how many other people (from what I've seen) seem to carry themselves in Head-Fi forums makes me wonder if I'm too young to be into this whole "Chi-Fi" and audiophile thing sometimes. Everyone else in my school seems perfectly fine with pairing their Skullcandy and Beats audio equipment with their phones, using Spotify to listen to music while I broke away from that trend the day I discovered the KZ-ATEs on Gearbest, FLAC files of my favourite video game soundtracks, and the AGPtek IMP from Amazon. However, audiophile lingo confuses me, even with the "Describing Sounds" glossary on this site so I can't really reflect on what I'm listening to meaningfully other than saying "Oh, this sounds so much clearer than my Skullcandy earbuds!" :/ Maybe truly appreciating music only comes with age.

...Sorry for the vent. Back to this thread's topic, does anyone own the AGPtek variant of the Ruizu A50? It's the H50, I believe. If anyone miraculously has both, how does the firmware between the two compare, and are they interchangeable?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #114 of 139
Pal, I'm not so young but have only just got into this chi-fi too and agree that the description about mids, soundstage, etc etc makes little sense but I'm all for trying kit that's not Apple, Samsung etc.

Also it's refreshing to know that you don't have to pay 100s to listen to your music.

Can't help you with the H50 unfortunately. Firmware on my A50 is not great as when I check information it doesbt mention what firmware it is .. just says the word 'model'

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #115 of 139
when I check information it doesbt mention what firmware it is .. just says the word 'model'

That is the latest firmware..for some reason it does not say the date. The old firmware had a date from last June. Others have mentioned it either in this thread or in the Obscure Chinese Daps thread. If you do a search within that thread, you will find more posts about this devive.

May 13, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #120 of 139
Looking through this thread it looks like the firmware update's removed album art. Does anyone have a link to the older firmware versions?

I put a jpg file named "Folder.jpg" in the folder with the audio files saved at 360 pixels square and it works every time. I strip out any embedded album art as it can be unreliable.

I have the newest firmware and I think the album art has become more reliable. I have the folder.jpg as well ...no embedded art. I like that the art is larger in the new firmware. I still have a problem with some albums saying no artist, no album. I have no idea what needs to be corrected on my end. I have been unable to figure out what might be different in the tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back