Rudistor XJ-03
Sep 14, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #61 of 86
received my XJ-03 today!

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

the input and output jack has been improved i guess? comparing between pictures from the Rudistor's website.

btw can this amp be used while charging?

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #62 of 86
No, the XJ03 cannot be used while charging.

Check out the user manual that comes with the amp, while it was stated " ...even if charger is plugged into the XJ-03, during listening it is disconnected and will not charge the batteries, to recharge batteries amp must be switched off."

Hope this is clear.

F. Lo

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #63 of 86
Thanks for clarifying it! Haven't read the user manual yet :x

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #64 of 86
Mine should ship monday so arrive later in the week

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #65 of 86
You are welcome.

As a side note, this is the first time I have seen a portable amp comes with a charger that can safely "discharge" the built-in batteries, which in my opinion, is a big plus in helping to manage the batteries effectively.

The battery charger is an An-mann - a Germany brand, which comes as a little surprise. It is universal voltage and comes with various plugs for world-wide use, which is much appreciated for travelers. If it can be more compact that this would be easily be the best battery charger I have seen with all the portable amps I have purchased so far.

F. Lo

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #66 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkkopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the input and output jack has been improved i guess? comparing between pictures from the Rudistor's website.

Yeah! This seem to be a better implementation of the jacks. Glad that Rudi is improving his products. I hope my replacement unit will come with this improvement as well.

Thanks for pointing this.

F. Lo

Sep 14, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #67 of 86
I am contemplating between this and Ray's SR-71a which will be offered soon I'm told.

I'm intrigued by this amp but like the user replaceable batteries and gain switch in the SR-71a.

Sound wise, has anyone heard the SR-71 (older version) and XJ-03. Which sounds better ?

Sep 17, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #68 of 86
Mine shipped today so should have it before the weekend

Sep 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #69 of 86
i find that this amp pairs pretty well with my APS ER4S, the sound opens up after 50hours!

Sep 18, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #70 of 86
Will have to try that then. It's in Denmark as from 6 o'clock this morning so might get it today.

Sep 18, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #71 of 86
An it has arrived and I have given it a very short listen. Excellent.
Here are some pictures from the rig it will be used in.
Sony D-EJ1000 pcdp and APureSound V3 recabled ATH-ESW9.
This is the rig I take to set up in hotel rooms when I travel.
Till now I have been using the iBasso D1 optical from a Sony D-NE920 pcdp but this new rig looks to better it.
And for looks it doesn't hurt that the D-EJ1000 has the same magnesium finish as the amp.

164925.jpg

164926.jpg

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #72 of 86
nc8000;4747471 said:
An it has arrived and I have given it a very short listen. Excellent.
Here are some pictures from the rig it will be used in.
Sony D-EJ1000 pcdp and APureSound V3 recabled ATH-ESW9.
This is the rig I take to set up in hotel rooms when I travel.
Till now I have been using the iBasso D1 optical from a Sony D-NE920 pcdp but this new rig looks to better it.
And for looks it doesn't hurt that the D-EJ1000 has the same magnesium finish as the amp.

it is off topic, but how did the recable job imapct the ATH ESW9s? I have been searching the forum with no luck yet. I love the ESW9s a lot and would be interested if there are significant benefits on them with the APv3.

Thanks

Sep 18, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #73 of 86
It's all by memory as there passed 1 month between me listening to them with stock cable and APS cable but the main thing that changed was that the wierd echo/sibilance I sometimes got with certain music is all gone. Also the whole spectrum just seems more right and controlled but I'm not very good at describing these things.

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #75 of 86
I would eagerly do an A/B with the xj-03 and my iQube using the first rig listed in my sig here - that's about as good as a portable rig gets, so, should be optimal for discerning the differences & individual performance for these units as portable amps

and the ed 9s are supposed to be a rudi synergy star

Anyone?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back