Sep 27, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #76 of 86
My XJ-03 is on its way back to Rudistor now
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #77 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkkopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Can you tell us what happened to your XJ-03 ?

Mine was repaired / replaced by Rudi and back to me. I am very grateful for Rudi's fast attention to my case, and he didn't even ask me for the freight cost (Italy to Hong Kong !). After all, the damage to the XJ-03 was totally my fault.

F. Lo

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #78 of 86
Quote:

frown.gif

What happened to it ? Hope you get your amp back soon. BTW, I noticed you also own a SR-71a. Between the sound of the XJ-03 and SR-71a (initial impressions fine), which do you prefer ?

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #79 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you tell us what happened to your XJ-03 ?

Mine was repaired / replaced by Rudi and back to me. I am very grateful for Rudi's fast attention to my case, and he didn't even ask me for the freight cost (Italy to Hong Kong !). After all, the damage to the XJ-03 was totally my fault.

F. Lo

Ops, I just saw this thread again, sorry for the late reply.

The headphone jack became loose when i use it with Switchcrafts mini plugs. Cracking sound can be heard when the plug was slightly touch

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #80 of 86
My replacement XJ03 is sounding very good. This is now my main portable amp over the past month, and the best sound one with my HD650 (all volume at 12 o'clock).

The built-in rechargeable battery lasted a long while. I never manage to test how long actually it lasted, and I always top it up every week.

I am not saying the XJ03 is the best amp for HD650, but of all the portable amps (except the LISA III which I would classify as transportable), the XJ03 gives the best sound out of the HD650.

For most of the time, I am listening through the Edition 9, and my Shure E4c. One notch above the Pico, different sounds compared to the Xin Reference, and similar but more natural sounding than my SR-71A (still being burnt in, at around 150 hours). May be the Rudistor magical house sound is really working magic
smily_headphones1.gif

So far I do not have any problems with the jacks.

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #81 of 86
I'm having problems with the headphone jack too.

But this is one of the best sounding portable amps I've heard. The lisa III is brilliant but its not that far ahead. The iQube is another amp which is quite good and of comparable quality.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #82 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by weinerproc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having problems with the headphone jack too.

But this is one of the best sounding portable amps I've heard. The Lisa III is brilliant but its not that far ahead. The iQube is another amp which is quite good and of comparable quality.

The headphone jack problem was in a few models that the jacks were out of specs. Rudi replace the whole stock of 1/8 jacks with ones made by an Italian company, very high quality, spring loaded, and from that point on, no more problems...

One thing Hans noticed, and later on they discovered and measured in the lab, was that the latest 1/8" plugs made by Switchcraft are out of specs and the dimensions are sometimes bigger than the expected, it seems that they made them bigger given that they will be used in the pro industry while abuse is a factor to consider, and to avoid false contacts due to the wear, but they have measured a lot of different diameters, and the differences are not so small. So an advice for the DIYers, please check the plugs you use in the projects, as the Switchcrafts are not what they used to be in the past, and they are now wild regarding the specs...Any other good brand is just fine, and the difference in price is not worth the hassle, all of them are inexpensive enough to let you choose any better option...

Nov 27, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #84 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hola Alberto! good to see you posting. It has been a while since I saw you post here in Head-Fi.

Well, I got a new car (a Ford Edge 2008) and this new toy has taken me busy for a while, "tweaking it" you know, that is a bad habit from our audiophile soul...LOL...Now I'm after upgrading the audio system, looking for some nice 5x7/6x8's coaxials, to upgrade the four door speakers for now...no luck...the best I was able to find were some DLS 457, or the small sister the 257...Morel are very expensive and hard to find, not sure what others will be good, maybe you have more experience on that, any idea, you can PM me if you like to keep this thread on topic...or any other member that may have other suggestions...
wink.gif

the only requirement is that have to be like the stock ones, no cuts, no aftermarket solutions on top of this or that...simple as it could be...I'm lazy I know...plug and play...depth should be no much more than 60mm

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #85 of 86
My IE8 can't be inserted into the XJ-03 headphone jack now, it's way too tight.

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #86 of 86
Quote:

My IE8 can't be inserted into the XJ-03 headphone jack now, it's way too tight.

So Microsoft did it again:

Oh wait, it is not the Internet Explorer 8 (IE8)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back