RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.
Feb 16, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #616 of 1,194

Quote:

perhaps Patrick82's favorite - ERS fabric.
http://www.stillpoints.us/Stillponts/Products.html

Well, here's the thing - the QuickBridge Solutions EM blocking card is known to work, but do we know the ERS Fabric will block RFI from the iPhone?

Feb 16, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #617 of 1,194
i've never tried it but it's a reputable product that's been around for a while. however your suggestion is undoubtedly a good one.

Feb 24, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #618 of 1,194
Can somebody help me ?

I have just begun using SR-71B with Wiplash balanced Twag cable balanced.

However I have found badly repeat noise from the Amp.

I can't stand it sounds very agly.

The SR-71B I own has Serioul Number which is withen 010.

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #619 of 1,194
Hi Mr. Yoshiki
How can I help you if I do not know what you are using in your rig, my friend.
What is your source?
Is it iPod or home CDP or DAC?
Are you using SE input or balanced input?
Is your input interconnector mini jack or balanced connector.
Did you flip the input switch on the back of the SR-71B to the input you are connected to?
Who made your interconnector?
Do you have another interconnector?
Do you have another source to try?
What headphones are you using?
Are you using the balanced output or the SE output for your SR-71B?
If you are using iPod or other Digital players, are you using the line out?
Remember headphone jack is NOT recommended as an input to the SR-71B.
What kind of files are you playing? Lose less or MP3 compressed files?
Is the SR-71B's battery fully charged?
If you can answer all these questions then I might be able to help you my friend.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels 

Quote:
Can somebody help me ?

I have just begun using SR-71B with Wiplash balanced Twag cable balanced.

However I have found badly repeat noise from the Amp.

I can't stand it sounds very agly.

The SR-71B I own has Serioul Number which is withen 010.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #620 of 1,194
Hi Ray,

Thank you for replying promply!

I am using it with ipod Touch through line out.

interconect what i try is 2 type , one is from ALO LOD and second is Whiplash Low file LOD.

i use balance output with Whiplash Twag Elite cable terminated to balanced .

Ofcourse I check fliping right side to swich.

I have tons of experience using Portable Amp with Ipod include RSA amp like i actually own the predator.

However despise I have tried to find out what is wrong with them , i coudn't find any problem with them.

I am using LOSSLESS file and SR-71B is fully charged.

I have tried to use predator and come to conclusion it has problem with something because compare to Predator,
SR-71B i own does not have enough power to drive JH16pro. it is so strange.
I am so tired to try to fix it...

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #621 of 1,194

Quote:
Hi Ray,

Thank you for replying promply!

I am using it with ipod Touch through line out.

interconect what i try is 2 type , one is from ALO LOD and second is Whiplash Low file LOD.

i use balance output with Whiplash Twag Elite cable terminated to balanced .

Ofcourse I check fliping right side to swich.

I have tons of experience using Portable Amp with Ipod include RSA amp like i actually own the predator.

However despise I have tried to find out what is wrong with them , i coudn't find any problem with them.

I am using LOSSLESS file and SR-71B is fully charged.

I have tried to use predator and come to conclusion it has problem with something because compare to Predator,
SR-71B i own does not have enough power to drive JH16pro. it is so strange.
I am so tired to try to fix it...

For a JH16 the gain should be Low, I think.  Mine works fine without any clipping that way.  Like Ray said, is there any other source to test?

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #622 of 1,194
Most of us that are into portable audio have more than one component of everything.  It sounds like you are in this group as you stated you also have the Predator.  I think if you replace the component one at a time and see if you can isolate the problem first.  For instance, you can try to use a different DAP, different phone and cable and see if the problem goes away.  If only the SR71b can produce the problem, then Ray can help you better.  It will also help if you can try to drive some SE cans or use some balance input to see if the problem persist.

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #624 of 1,194

Quote:
Hello, does anybody know if SR71B is a good match for GS1000s?

It is a neutral amp with plenty of power and does great with my HF2's but I don't have the GS1000 so on that, I can't say except that the 71B doesn't color the sound so if you are looking for a good dynamic transparent amp, you may enjoy the Blackbird. 

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #625 of 1,194
I have the GS1K not the GS1ks for couple of years but I sold it before I acquired the SR71b.  But from knowing the two pieces independently, I would say it is on the good match side.  The reason is that the GS1k's treble tends to be on the bright side and the SR71b has that RSA house sound which is a little warmer and darker so it may lend some good control to the treble of the GS1k.  The GS1k also has a very nice sound stage, good air/headroom, instrument separation etc though the sound is a little on the thin side for me and I think the SR71b can complement those characteristics.  Of course, the final decision is best for a in vivo audition.

Feb 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #626 of 1,194
My Whiplash Audio TWag v2 3 pin XLR balanced to RSA balanced arrived today. It is obviously not broken in but the improvement was noticeable immediately. This in my mind was the reason to get the SR71B.

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #627 of 1,194
I got the Twag V2 balanced IC to go from the iBasso DB1 to the 71B and got to admit, this is one good IC. A little more on the bass texture and sweet highs and full mids and I notice a little more transparency. 

Mar 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #628 of 1,194
Hello to all 71b owners! :D

Recently, I'd been thinking of treating myself with a StageDAC+Concerto / Burson HA-160D with the LCD-2's for my birthday. (assuming I save up fast enough =/) However, I am hard-pressed with dealing with spatial constraints. I'm not sure if I can fit the Burson/StageDAC+Concerto into my room. (which is pretty damn small) 

So my other alternative would be the 71b + balanced LCD-2. Does any have any experience with any of the 2 set-ups? While I know that the portable amp might not hold up to certain full sized amp/dacs, does anyone have an idea of how much I'm missing?

Thanks in advance! :D

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #629 of 1,194

Quote:
I got the Twag V2 balanced IC to go from the iBasso DB1 to the 71B and got to admit, this is one good IC. A little more on the bass texture and sweet highs and full mids and I notice a little more transparency. 

And just wait until it fully opens up after a few hundred hours.  It's priced a bit on the high-side, but you do get what you pay for, IMHO.  Great wire.

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #630 of 1,194

Quote:
Hello to all 71b owners! :D

Recently, I'd been thinking of treating myself with a StageDAC+Concerto / Burson HA-160D with the LCD-2's for my birthday. (assuming I save up fast enough =/) However, I am hard-pressed with dealing with spatial constraints. I'm not sure if I can fit the Burson/StageDAC+Concerto into my room. (which is pretty damn small) 

So my other alternative would be the 71b + balanced LCD-2. Does any have any experience with any of the 2 set-ups? While I know that the portable amp might not hold up to certain full sized amp/dacs, does anyone have an idea of how much I'm missing?

Thanks in advance! :D

The 71B and the LCD-2 do extremely well together. The frequency range, transparency, bass impact are all there in a beautiful cohesive musical presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back