RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Oct 23, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #46 of 1,220
Sure or use a Tekkeon like I do and you can charge anything from this portable battery from 5 volts to 19.

Oct 23, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #47 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The whole beauty of the Tomahawk is it's portability- going away on a 2 month road trip?? Throw in 2 new AAA's and you have no amp/power worries. I am sure this new amp will have a very nice RSA sound, but personally i avoid built in rechargeables, purely because of the fact that if i'm camping on a beach miles away from civilization, as long as i have a bag of batteries, my means of listening to music is always available.

X2, but unfortunately my source's battery only last about 25hrs.

Oct 23, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #48 of 1,220
I thought the P-51 sounded marvelous. I need to start saving my pennies to get one of these. It is the smallest amp I have seen and the sound is huge.

Oct 23, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #49 of 1,220
I'm really really happy that I got rid of the portable world long ago
biggrin.gif
The speed of new portable stuffs coming out is faster and faster.

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #51 of 1,220
From what I know it is a Christmas deliver and they can be reserved. I would contact Ray to be sure.

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #52 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The whole beauty of the Tomahawk is it's portability- going away on a 2 month road trip?? Throw in 2 new AAA's and you have no amp/power worries. I am sure this new amp will have a very nice RSA sound, but personally i avoid built in rechargeables, purely because of the fact that if i'm camping on a beach miles away from civilization, as long as i have a bag of batteries, my means of listening to music is always available.

x2

built-in rechargeable sometime is nice but i do prefer batteries

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #53 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I know it is a Christmas deliver and they can be reserved. I would contact Ray to be sure.

Will do. With smaller caps, burn-in time should be much shorter.

Oct 23, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #54 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will do. With smaller caps, burn-in time should be much shorter.

i thought the tomahawks need 600 hours of burn-in isn't it?

Oct 23, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #56 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm referring to the P-51 burn-in time.

what i meant was if a small amp/cap like the tomahawk. this p51 won't get any less time of burn-in. if you believe in burn-in.

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #57 of 1,220
It would seem that much less time will be needed for the cap to form. I find that circuits in general need about 100 hours of current flowing through them. The 100 hours has always been the statement by Cary Audio and a number of other companies. With larger caps and tiny amounts of current for the cap the forming period, as has been discussed, is much longer. The manufacture of V-caps has stated that over 1000 hours often is required for their teflon cap to fully change the dielectric and form the cap.

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #58 of 1,220
Great to see some specifications posted.
/me play Ray have just as great success with this one as with his other portable amplifiers.
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #60 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by williamchc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it certain that the P-51 will put the gain setting on top of the amp?

I personally much like the gain setting postition of SR71A and predator.

Yes the gain switch is on top but recessed so you use a ballpoint pen or some small like that to change the gain setting. I rarely change a gain setting once I find what I want to use so have it easy to get to and recessed would seem to satisfy most everyone. With the 51 being so small I don't think there was room for the switch in front but again I don't think it should be an issue from what I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back