Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Apr 19, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #797 of 1,035
I am interested to see what part of Rosson RAD-0 owners EQ the headphone? I personally think that it certainly does benefit from EQ, especially in bringing in more treble and more detail. This might be a personal preference, fed by using the HD800 for a long time, but I think that with boosting the treble region somewhat it does not lose the great timbre and how sweet the sound is, but it does become much more detailed.

As far as I know, there are two EQ profiles from reputable sources out there:

- Crinacle: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...arman_over-ear_2018/Rosson Audio Design RAD-0

- Oratory1990: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f972x6s5xwyn30p/Rosson Audio RAD-0.pdf?dl=0

I would be curious to know if someone uses any of those two, which you prefer or if you do not at all agree with my statement that the RAD-0 can be improved with EQ.

Hope to hear!

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #798 of 1,035
I am interested to see what part of Rosson RAD-0 owners EQ the headphone? I personally think that it certainly does benefit from EQ, especially in bringing in more treble and more detail. This might be a personal preference, fed by using the HD800 for a long time, but I think that with boosting the treble region somewhat it does not lose the great timbre and how sweet the sound is, but it does become much more detailed.

As far as I know, there are two EQ profiles from reputable sources out there:

- Crinacle: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/gras_43ag-7_harman_over-ear_2018/Rosson Audio Design RAD-0

- Oratory1990: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f972x6s5xwyn30p/Rosson Audio RAD-0.pdf?dl=0

I would be curious to know if someone uses any of those two, which you prefer or if you do not at all agree with my statement that the RAD-0 can be improved with EQ.

Hope to hear!

Those EQ profiles can be used as starting points. Every pair of ears and RAD-0 are slightly different so one always have to use a sine sweep to adjust the EQ to one's preference.

Below is the EQ profile I use for my RAD-0. One can say it does not make a big difference except to the sub bass region. My EQ preference is not to make each of my headphones having similar neutral FR but to have each retaining its character.

RAD-0EQ.JPG

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #799 of 1,035
Those EQ profiles can be used as starting points. Every pair of ears and RAD-0 are slightly different so one always have to use a sine sweep to adjust the EQ to one's preference.

Below is the EQ profile I use for my RAD-0. One can say it does not make a big difference except to the sub bass region. My EQ preference is not to make each of my headphones having similar neutral FR but to have each retaining its character.

RAD-0EQ.JPG
Do you possibly have the parametric EQ band parameter values so I could apply it in Peace? Very interest in the effect.

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #800 of 1,035
Do you possibly have the parametric EQ band parameter values so I could apply it in Peace? Very interest in the effect.

PM sent. But I think you should use the two EQ profiles you found as base, and adjust by playing a Sine frequency sweep. Always trust your own ears with your own headphones and gears rather than the others.

May 5, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #801 of 1,035
181195023_3081788162102865_8594183106497635516_n.jpg

A new arrival in the house. Let's say I'm just shook at the sound of these.

May 6, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #803 of 1,035
May 6, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #804 of 1,035
How do the sr80e compare to this? lol

No comparison, and each wonderful on their own level for different reasons, and different people.

Absolutely beautiful gold flake style!

Photos don't do it justice! Been practicing some proper shots to reflect the beauty of this build but not there yet. Incredible to hold in person.

May 18, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #805 of 1,035
Any tracks you all have that specifically shine with the RAD you can't get enough of?

May 18, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #806 of 1,035
Any tracks you all have that specifically shine with the RAD you can't get enough of?
I think some songs of the beatles the headphone in particular shines with, such as Come Together and Yesterday. Very intimate and powerful. Also Sara by Fleetwood Mac, the drums just after 1:20 engulf you ears.

May 19, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #807 of 1,035
For those of you with multiple TOTL headphones, what would say is a good compliment pair of headphones to the Rad-0 sound signature wise? I’m open to open back or closed back, and the headphones that pique my interest are controversial things like the Ether 2, Empyrean and Z1R. I had a pair of ZMF Verite Closed, and though they were lovely and super enjoyable, I found them too close in sound to the Rad-0 and wanted to allocate resources to something more distinct/different from the Rad-0. In terms of DAC/amp synergy, I’ll be keeping the Pendant and Bifrost 2, selling the Mjolnir 2 and picking up a GS-X Mini.

What do you think based on your experiences?

You(r wallet) probably won't like this answer, but I'd say electrostatics are the best complement to the RAD-0, offering a great change of pace in terms of presentation. An HD800/800S is a decent compromise if you want a headphone that can be driven by a traditional amp. The Susvara leans toward an electrostatic presentation for a planar headphone, and sounds great with the GS-X mini you were referencing.

May 20, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #808 of 1,035
FWIW, Drop is selling the Dekoni Nuggets for $15 now.

May 27, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #809 of 1,035
20220315215028_IMG_9120.jpg

Took some shots of my RAD for an iFi related project! Such a beauty to edit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back