Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
Feb 5, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #391 of 3,218
hmm yea i dont really know, thats the problem, im no electronics whiz so troubleshooting like this is definitely by far my weakest link. im inclined to think it isnt related to any of the components/boards, or potentiometer even, since i had it wired up in a very simple fashion (without speaker binding posts or single ended outputs), and it was working fine for a good number of months, running very stable. i havent changed a single component, just rewired it in a different fashion and re-biased it, so logic implies it MUST be something related to that - oh if only it were so simple

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #392 of 3,218
how would a balanced pair of v3 darth beyers sound paired with a balanced b22? what about cable choice, i find i feel my setup sounds a little bit too cold at times, would black copper perhaps be a superior choice to black max for me in that case, or would i still be better off to stick with the common choice of black max?

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #393 of 3,218
Hi Guys,

I'm building a 3channel Beta22 amp for a friend. I received the kit from Jeff yesterday.. As always top notch service from Jeff. thanks

I started building this morning and manage to stuff all the boards with almost 6hours of soldering.. Will test the amp tomorrow or on Saturday..

DSC01396.jpg

DSC01399.jpg

Thanks also to AMB for sharing this wonderful amp..

Regards

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #394 of 3,218
hey man, looks good! hope to see that baby up and running soon!
wink.gif
i had to put my 4 channel b22 on hold for awhile because of exams etc coming up as well as moving back home for the summer. im kinda mid-process adding on a second sigma22 and recasing up the PSU, should look and sound good hopefully for the summer though!

Mar 20, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #395 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I started building this morning and manage to stuff all the boards with almost 6hours of soldering..

You are really fast man!
smily_headphones1.gif
Good luck!

It took me almost a year to put everything together. Hopefully few more days to finish the amp. I am perfectionist plus very meticulous person; I think that is my problem.
biggrin.gif

DSC02681.JPG

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #397 of 3,218
hey guys, got a question. so as you all know, my rig is a 4 channel b22, im currently kind of in the process of re-wiring it. im wondering if hypothetically i was to use one e22 board, could i simply put 3 of the boards on the e22, and have the 4th just to the side. im just thinking it might neaten up the internal wiring somewhat - thoughts? I dont have room to put 2 full e22s with 2 boards on each in my case, just room for the one (or none). if i was to put one in, it would neaten up the hookup wiring for those 3 boards, and just the 4th would need to be air wired right? other than that, are there any other factors i need to take into account, or is this straightforward and more than possible to do?

Mar 31, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #399 of 3,218
anyone have an answer to my question from a few posts back? about using a single e22 to neaten up a 4 board balanced b22 (no room for 2 e22s), or will this just add too much unecessary confusion, if im air wiring one board, might as well do all 4 tpye thing?

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #401 of 3,218
yea thats what i think as well after really thinking into the matter. that aside, kind of an off question, but how hard is it to wire up something like a DACT rotary balanced attenuator? where might i best research to findout or start learning about something like that, because im interested in moving up from the 50 dollar alps quad pot ive got now.

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #402 of 3,218
A quick question, I'm not sure if it was answered, or perhaps it wasn't asked because it's so obvious, but either way; I I was to wire the same transformer to more than one Sigma22 board, how would I wire it? Would it simply be a matter of wiring one, then running jumpers to another Sigma22 board to make them run in parallel?

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #403 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are really fast man!
smily_headphones1.gif
Good luck!

Haha, that's about the time it takes me, too (just under 2 hours per b22 board). Of course, it's the rest of the work that takes so much longer (casework, testing, etc.).

vvs, your amp looks like it's coming along very very well! Can't wait to see it finished
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #404 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A quick question, I'm not sure if it was answered, or perhaps it wasn't asked because it's so obvious, but either way; I I was to wire the same transformer to more than one Sigma22 board, how would I wire it? Would it simply be a matter of wiring one, then running jumpers to another Sigma22 board to make them run in parallel?

Yes, you can drive multiple σ22 boards from a single transformer. Whether you daisy-chain it like you describe, or simply make Y-splices in the transformer secondary leads and run to each board, the effect is the same.

Don't short the σ22 boards' outputs together, though.

Apr 1, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #405 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you can drive multiple σ22 boards from a single transformer. Whether you daisy-chain it like you describe, or simply make Y-splices in the transformer secondary leads and run to each board, the effect is the same.

Don't short the σ22 boards' outputs together, though.

Thanks amb, another quick question: aside from the Beta24, is there any reason NOT to use a balanced Beta22 for speakers as a 50 Watt amp?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back