Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #2,146 of 4,743
  I had reshelled by Sony XBA-3 and the CIEM fit makes a lot of difference.

Interesting to see that you got a dynamic driver IEM reshelled. Apart from isolation and comfort, I'm a bit curious to know if the sound signature was affected?

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #2,147 of 4,743
  Interesting to see that you got a dynamic driver IEM reshelled. Apart from isolation and comfort, I'm a bit curious to know if the sound signature was affected?

Man, no!! that a triple BA thing. Xba-3.

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #2,148 of 4,743

Man, no!! that a triple BA thing. Xba-3.

Oops! My bad! Got mixed up with the XBA-H3
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #2,150 of 4,743
Thanks for the impressions on the RHA 750 pals. So would i be right in assuming that 750 is on par with RE400? If not, what are the differences? Because i remember listening to RE400 at Vaibhav's place and it was a little smooth, even more so than my Vsonic VSD1S which i liked very much, but lost at an exhibition.

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #2,152 of 4,743
And if anyone can compare vSonic vsd1s with RHA 750 (only in terms of sound) that'd be a great help.

Thanks & cheers

I wont compare RE-400 with ma750, 750 is a no go for me, Re-400 is a go go, Signature differs big time, but if i think from a neutral point of view, naa, 750 still is not close to 400. And about treble, 750 is even smoother than 400, even more, i assure you of that. I think it was better then vsd1s but look at the price gap, why wont someone pick the GR07 over it?

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #2,153 of 4,743
Get Tenore. That thing is unbelievable.

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #2,154 of 4,743
 I wont compare RE-400 with ma750, 750 is a no go for me, Re-400 is a go go, Signature differs big time, but if i think from a neutral point of view, naa, 750 still is not close to 400. And about treble, 750 is even smoother than 400, even more, i assure you of that. I think it was better then vsd1s but look at the price gap, why wont someone pick the GR07 over it?

Suman, do you mean that VSD1S is darker than RE400? If so, I have a very different experience of it, as mine was not dark at all. If RHA 750 is better than vsd1s, in terms of detail retrieval and clarity, I would definitely prefer it. But yes I do not want an overly bright treble as well. If indeed I need a bit of treble sparkle, I might use the hardware eq of either my x3 or e07k. Thanks again for your inputs, cheers

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #2,155 of 4,743
Suman, do you mean that VSD1S is darker than RE400? If so, I have a very different experience of it, as mine was not dark at all. If RHA 750 is better than vsd1s, in terms of detail retrieval and clarity, I would definitely prefer it. But yes I do not want an overly bright treble as well. If indeed I need a bit of treble sparkle, I might use the hardware eq of either my x3 or e07k. Thanks again for your inputs, cheers

Yes, you ca say that. And yes Ma750 has better retrieval of details and has better clarity, if you are going for the mic version then i will say go for it, if not, please dont go for it unless you want that tank type build. Ma750 has some drowned treble, its not like its not there, but you will struggle if come asking for it. Not bright, if by bright you mean sparkle and elevated highs, i define my sound in a different way.
 For me vsd1 is dark=V shaped and notes are thick, Re-400, er-4, doppio are warm cuz they have balanced mids and notes are not thick.
I dont like that conventional way of defining things, It doesnt sound like that to me.

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #2,156 of 4,743

Who is excited and who is going ?? :)

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #2,157 of 4,743
 Yes, you ca say that. And yes Ma750 has better retrieval of details and has better clarity, if you are going for the mic version then i will say go for it, if not, please dont go for it unless you want that tank type build. Ma750 has some drowned treble, its not like its not there, but you will struggle if come asking for it. Not bright, if by bright you mean sparkle and elevated highs, i define my sound in a different way.
 For me vsd1 is dark=V shaped and notes are thick, Re-400, er-4, doppio are warm cuz they have balanced mids and notes are not thick.
I dont like that conventional way of defining things, It doesnt sound like that to me.

Alright, now did you listen to VSD1 or VSD1S, as both are different sounding. I had the 's' version, and that didn't at all sound v-shaped to me. It had good mids, clear fairly tight bass, and good enough treble, although I'm not treble oriented in the first place but I do prefer all details in all frequencies to be heard clearly, as per the recording. And I paid 2400 INR for them, extremely high value for money. I could order them again but I found the ear guides fitting procedure too cumbersome for on the go use, and the guides kept falling out of the cables. If any good over ear fitting IEM can be recommended with my preferred tonality and good build, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #2,159 of 4,743
Alright, now did you listen to VSD1 or VSD1S, as both are different sounding. I had the 's' version, and that didn't at all sound v-shaped to me. It had good mids, clear fairly tight bass, and good enough treble, although I'm not treble oriented in the first place but I do prefer all details in all frequencies to be heard clearly, as per the recording. And I paid 2400 INR for them, extremely high value for money. I could order them again but I found the ear guides fitting procedure too cumbersome for on the go use, and the guides kept falling out of the cables. If any good over ear fitting IEM can be recommended with my preferred tonality and good build, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I will go for IM-50 or 70 maybe. Similar attributes, goes over ear and cheaper too.

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #2,160 of 4,743
By attributes i mean similar sq, similar, here with the im-70, bass is a bit tighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back