Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #2,116 of 4,743

Just received my review sample of the Titan 1.
Pretty darn impressive. Dunu have a winner.

Comeon man,pass this to me too for a quick spin
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #2,117 of 4,743
Apr 8, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #2,118 of 4,743

My advice

Do not buy any of these and get dunu titan.Save up some more money for titan instead of getting havi or vsd5.
Titan's have one of the best soundstages below 300-400$ according to reviews.

I tend to disagree if soundstage is the reason for purchase of Dunu's.. may be under $200, the staging and imaging is top-notch but not anywhere above this price limit as they face some stage gods like the Sony EX1K.

The Dunus have more of a side to side than front to back stage due to the scooping out of some vocal range, especially lower range. So it is not representative of a true stage. In my eyes, this is a flaw. But overall great IEMs especially the excellent PRaT/transient response due to the Titanium injected diaphragms.

Private Investigations by Dire straits can be used to test the stage width, height and transients. You can clearly see how Knopfler's vocals are a bit too unintelligible in the mix.

I would also ask for you to check the JVC FXT-90's. They have carbon infused drivers that perform similar to the Dunus and go for a price of 70 odd dollars.

Regards,

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #2,119 of 4,743

I tend to disagree if soundstage is the reason for purchase of Dunu's.. may be under $200, the staging and imaging is top-notch but not anywhere above this price limit as they face some stage gods like the Sony EX1K.

The Dunus have more of a side to side than front to back stage due to the scooping out of some vocal range, especially lower range. So it is not representative of a true stage. In my eyes, this is a flaw. But overall great IEMs especially the excellent PRaT/transient response due to the Titanium injected diaphragms.

Private Investigations by Dire straits can be used to test the stage width, height and transients. You can clearly see how Knopfler's vocals are a bit too unintelligible in the mix.

I would also ask for you to check the JVC FXT-90's. They have carbon infused drivers that perform similar to the Dunus and go for a price of 70 odd dollars.

Regards,

The only reason for me shunning jvc and sony stuff is bass ........................and ex 1000 is too damn expensive,isolation is bad and treble is sharp like gr07.
My choice when i have enough money would be ex 7550 or er4s.

As u can guess i want a neutral set and i thought fxt90's were bass heavy too??

Am i wrong??

By the way awesome choice,dire straits.My fav is once upon a time in the west though............knophler rocks
gs1000.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #2,120 of 4,743

The only reason for me shunning jvc and sony stuff is bass ........................and ex 1000 is too damn expensive,isolation is bad and treble is sharp like gr07.
My choice when i have enough money would be ex 7550 or er4s.

As u can guess i want a neutral set and i thought fxt90's were bass heavy too??

Am i wrong??

By the way awesome choice,dire straits.My fav is once upon a time in the west though............knophler rocks
gs1000.gif

I have not heard a better bass  from an earphone than the EX1k. I think the FXT-90s have better extension in bass than the Titans but I can't pin-point the difference in mid-bass between the 2.

Both the Titans and the JVCs have a spike in treble, albeit somewhere close. IIRC the FXT-90s have somewhere around 8-9 Khz the Titans have 9.5-11Khz. The first one makes sibilance more pronounced while the latter one still sound shrill at times but no real sibilance to my ears.

The titans flaw is the 'only' side to side presentation ... when you hear it you can see how much of front to back stage is missing as with a mid-centric IEM like the Shure SE-535( which lacks the stage width of the Titans). The FXT-90s does a bit better in this regard and performs very close to the Titans but have a more rounded stage. 

If you want to get a better idea try listening to Benjamin Clementine, you can see his voice's true timbre is not really noticeable, infact it sounds slightly thin although his voice is recorded forward in the mix.

I am speculating but the Havi's might be the same with better lower midrange and have lesser scoop-off from vocal range, providing a more realistic round stage. This doesn't make it better than the Titan as VFM, but might also.

Cheers,

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #2,124 of 4,743

Curse u guys
cool.gif

Not really,,just a bit jealous tha

You should start reviewing too.
Ordered the Mi headphones yesterday. They look great and come with pads so they can be used on or over ear. Let's hope they sound decent. No reviews out yet.

Drop us your impression then. I hope These headphones are good.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #2,125 of 4,743

You should start reviewing too.

Drop us your impression then. I hope These headphones are good.

Man its too time consuming............but guess i got to make some efforts.

I will be doing vsd2,an16,vc1000,vc02 and havi b3 in this year.Time has come.
ph34r.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #2,126 of 4,743

Man its too time consuming............but guess i got to make some efforts.

I will be doing vsd2,an16,vc1000,vc02 and havi b3 in this year.Time has come.
ph34r.gif

Lets go ninja on these!! And when ever you think of getting rid of VC1000, drop me a message.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #2,129 of 4,743

Vsonic should make something like an upgrade to VC1000/GR01.

Both gr01 and vc1000 have same knowles dual ba drivers so sound is more or less the same.

I am 101% getting etymotic er4s in a month or so to compare with vc1000.

Plus to review earphones properly i need a class leading neutral and flat iem and nothing better than er4s for that purpose.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #2,130 of 4,743

Both gr01 and vc1000 have same knowles dual ba drivers so sound is more or less the same.

I am 101% getting etymotic er4s in a month or so to compare with vc1000.

Plus to review earphones properly i need a class leading neutral and flat iem and nothing better than er4s for that purpose.

Yup, i got the ER4 series service and my 4p is just awesome. will you sell the VC1000 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back