Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #2,176 of 4,743
Welcome to Mumbai, reddington. My city is awesome :D
Which place will you be staying btw, if you don't mind?

It is indeed. Right now am crashing at a friend's Pg at Andheri West. Will be moving to a flat at Royal Palms Goregaon East from next month.

Yes! Yes ! I know its in the middle of nowhere but my office is there and the view from the flat is awesome. :p

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #2,177 of 4,743
It is indeed. Right now am crashing at a friend's Pg at Andheri West. Will be moving to a flat at Royal Palms Goregaon East from next month.

Yes! Yes ! I know its in the middle of nowhere but my office is there and the view from the flat is awesome.
tongue.gif

You just need a room down town, with a bed and a big T.V.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2,178 of 4,743

Yes! Yes ! I know its in the middle of nowhere but my office is there and the view from the flat is awesome.
tongue.gif

You just need a room down town, with a bed and a big T.V.

Can't afford Mumbai downtown. Plus I hate long daily commutes.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2,179 of 4,743

tongue.gif

That's cool! Enjoy your stay.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #2,181 of 4,743
Apr 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #2,183 of 4,743
Anyone into Cameras? I miss my Nikon DSLR dearly 
frown.gif

I am planning to get something here.... 

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #2,185 of 4,743
That is some nice work and great portraits... 

I have the D3200 & sold the horrible kit lens plus some cash for the 35mm f/1.8 lens. I like basic cameras than one filled with features especially since I only use manual settings for the past 2 years now...

The D3200 JPEGs suck especially with the crude kit lens ...I have over 60 RAW photos to be processed all back in India...

I am thinking of getting a Sigma DP3 Merill here after a part time job, its half the price here now!! 

Below is a pic of my friend I took on her birthday with the 35mm f/1.8

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #2,186 of 4,743
That is some nice work and great portraits... 

I have the D3200 & sold the horrible kit lens plus some cash for the 35mm f/1.8 lens. I like basic cameras than one filled with features especially since I only use manual settings for the past 2 years now...

The D3200 JPEGs suck especially with the crude kit lens ...I have over 60 RAW photos to be processed all back in India...

I am thinking of getting a Sigma DP3 Merill here after a part time job, its half the price here now!! 

Below is a pic of my friend I took on her birthday with the 35mm f/1.8

Great detailing and the close cropping actually works for the image. Very rare for portraits as per my very limited experience.

The biggest problem with the 3100 is the lack of a focus motor in the body. Makes autofocus very slow and cumbersome.

Fast auto focus is a must when you are shooting the streets. (You can't always be fast enough to manual focus on particular moments which only last for a split second. These off the hip impromptu clicks when you barely have time to lift the camera to eye level)

Always wanted a prime lens never could afford one. Have only used the kit lens and a 55-200 zoom.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #2,188 of 4,743
Great detailing and the close cropping actually works for the image. Very rare for portraits as per my very limited experience.

The biggest problem with the 3100 is the lack of a focus motor in the body. Makes autofocus very slow and cumbersome.

Fast auto focus is a must when you are shooting the streets. (You can't always be fast enough to manual focus on particular moments which only last for a split second. These off the hip impromptu clicks when you barely have time to lift the camera to eye level)

Always wanted a prime lens never could afford one. Have only used the kit lens and a 55-200 zoom.

Thanks, I don't do street photography unless of course if I am visiting another country; yes I know the cumbersome issues being fast. I am a slow photographer...but the D3200 has 11 AF points and matrix metering generally gets the focus right.

None of the D3xxx or D5xxx have an in-body focus motor. Only the D7xxx and some 100 series have the focus motor, but the lens w/ built in focus motor is not too expensive.

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #2,189 of 4,743
  Hey guys,,,one more Mumbaikar here.
Im trying to sell my Soundmagic E30 and Brainwavz R1. I've put the ad in Quikr but its not helping much. Anyone here interested in buying??

Haha... best luck selling audiophile equipment in India. 
Though not impossible, it's hard for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back